Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 2, Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide, 01/04/18, SCG @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I thought Fox pretty good. At least he didn't fumble like Reg & Rampe and give goals away. He played a pretty good game. The other fumblers today; Smithy & Mills. what was the problem with these guys. every time they got near the ball they muffed it. Especially Mills who took the wrong option again and again and again. There is a saying in Footy; If the give is there give it off! Millsie effing give the bloody ball off.

etc
    OMG get a grip
    Last edited by liz; 2nd April 2018 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Please don't quote long posts in their entirety. It makes threads hard to read for those on phones or tablets

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Great time capsule post wolfman.

Gone completely off the deep end. Thanks to your post I finally understand the correlation between losing the 2014 GF and the loss last night.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I thought Fox pretty good. At least he didn't fumble like Reg & Rampe and give goals away. He played a pretty good game. The other fumblers today; Smithy & Mills. what was the problem with these guys. every time they got near the ball they muffed it. Especially Mills who took the wrong option again and again and again. There is a saying in Footy; If the give is there give it off! Millsie effing give the bloody ball off.

etc
    You've sucked me in again Wolfy and I've wasted another five minutes of my life. But I do get your point. The answer to everything is to sack the coach with the second best W/L ratio in the AFL. Time to go after the blokes with new ideas like Brendan Bolton, or Bucks or Alan Richardson.

Apparently the new Perth stadium surface was like rock last week and our boys struggled to come up as quickly as expected.
    Last edited by liz; 2nd April 2018 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Please don't quote long posts in their entirety. It makes threads hard to read for those on phones or tablets

Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    where has our stingy back line gone ????
    I think that great back line still exists, but they had an off day. Lewis Melican made errors that are usually absent from his game. He has been playing so well. I was holding my breath when our boys were kicking back into the back line when there was so much fumbled going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the first half the Swans played a terrific, mobile short game. They almost looked Hawthorn-like for periods of play: lots of players presenting for 15-20 metre kicks through the middle of the ground. In the second half, though, it looked like back to long kicks down the line with no-one offering any alternatives. Port just had to spike the ball and spread to the fat side and we were undone. We also looked exhausted by the first half effort.
    Positives: Cunningham, Florent. Heeney looks on the cusp of a great season. Hannebery worked his way into the game well. And it is good to see Jack up and about in the middle.
    Poor Rohan looked all over the shop, apart from one contested mark late in the game (and that run here he was legged and grated his head on the turf).
    Wish that the Club was a bit more transparent about injuries: what is up with Reid? Can we expect to hear anything about Hannebery's knee?

and Sinclair was done by half-time. Looked to be hobbling, but was certainly cooked. Very troubling for the rest of the season. We need Aliir in to provide a robust ruck chop-out and a bit of something different off half back.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    and Sinclair was done by half-time. Looked to be hobbling, but was certainly cooked. Very troubling for the rest of the season. We need Aliir in to provide a robust ruck chop-out and a bit of something different off half back.
    I know some on here think ruckmen are an optional extra but I the fact we only have two average ruckmen will hurt us. Look at how grundy toweling up Lobb got the Pies back in the game on Saturday.

I can see some changes over the course of the year. Dawson now seems an absolute must when fit. Reid, Jones and Aliir too. And I wouldn�t be surprised to see one of our draftees break into the team the back half of the year. That�s five potential changes from a team that had some worrying signs.

I�ll reserve the right to be worried about our season if we are less than 6 wins at th me turn, we are notorious late starters

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Are the black armbands for Brian Bourke?
    My understanding, yes.

He died on Friday, and, as a former SMFC President , probably got the recognition. I believe he was the President when the relocation was approved.

He was also a life member of the AFL for his long service with the Tribunals and match review panels.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    My understanding, yes.

He died on Friday, and, as a former SMFC President , probably got the recognition. I believe he was the President when the relocation was approved.

He was also a life member of the AFL for his long service with the Tribunals and match review panels.

Was president late sixties early seventies. Helped get Norm Smith to club and he coached us into the finals in 1970 when Peter Bedford won the Brownlow. Jack Marks was president as well as Bill Collins in 1981/82. Club voted to stay as South Melbourne but VFL forced relocation in 1982. Players still lived in Melbourne but played in Sydney that season. Stand to be corrected but I think this is reasonably accurate.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmasta View Post
    I think that great back line still exists, but they had an off day. Lewis Melican made errors that are usually absent from his game. He has been playing so well. I was holding my breath when our boys were kicking back into the back line when there was so much fumbled going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The fumbling by us became contagious all over the ground. Even McVeigh, our surest ball handler, got a dose of them. Port fumbled as well but not as badly.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    You've sucked me in again Wolfy and I've wasted another five minutes of my life. But I do get your point. The answer to everything is to sack the coach with the second best W/L ratio in the AFL. Time to go after the blokes with new ideas like Brendan Bolton, or Bucks or Alan Richardson.

Apparently the new Perth stadium surface was like rock last week and our boys struggled to come up as quickly as expected.
    Good call re Longmire TBC. Not sure about Optus surface. Eagles on fire v Bullies. We did tire but I reckon a lot of it was mental after huge effort and domination in first half only to be a couple of goals in front. Takes its toll psychologically and that transfers to the physical.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Was president late sixties early seventies. Helped get Norm Smith to club and he coached us into the finals in 1970 when Peter Bedford won the Brownlow. Jack Marks was president as well as Bill Collins in 1981/82. Club voted to stay as South Melbourne but VFL forced relocation in 1982. Players still lived in Melbourne but played in Sydney that season. Stand to be corrected but I think this is reasonably accurate.
    Met him in the cricket club bar a couple of times. My recollection is that he was against the relocation.