Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 2, Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide, 01/04/18, SCG @sydneyswans

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

#AFL Round 2, Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide, 01/04/18, SCG @sydneyswans

Warm sunny day today, high of 29 degrees, only a few degrees cooler for the match.

Link to all match details here: Sydney Swans Vs Port Adelaide - Match Centre - AFL.com.au

Coverage:
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Got those pre-game nerves for the first time this year (was fairly confident last week)! This game could go either way. Still pondering the strange selection choices

Swans by 3 goals!

Port are good. This will be a tough game.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Got those pre-game nerves for the first time this year (was fairly confident last week)! This game could go either way. Still pondering the strange selection choices

Swans by 3 goals!

Yes so am I. I don't see them as positive. The lack of ball Cunningham and Florent got was a main factor in my thinking they would be out. Someone here said Cunningham was minding Shuey, if that was the case he didn't do a very good job. Shuey had 25 and 6 tackles. He was the Eagles second highest ball getter. Taking Newman out is astounding, he had 19 and was pretty effective. Sure Fox did not give the run out of the back 50 he was giving in the pre-season but he had a very good opponent and had to look after him. I'm a bit dazed at the selections. Having Hannas and rohan back is good. I hope Gaz is ok and he is able to concentrate now. So hard for him pre-season. I am not a father but I know how I felt when my nephew told me about their first miscarriage. I was devastated and hurting for both of them, especially Carla.

We will need to win the clearances today if we are to win. As much time spent in our forward 50 as possible. We cannot afford to allow them to exit our forward half like we did last year. If we do it won't be Charlie that will cut us to pieces it will be their clever smalls. if Newman was dropped for lack of speed I wonder why Macca is still there? The selections as I say are a bit confusing. I am not convinced by Harry's form in the pre-season and didn't think much of last week. One disposal to half time is just not good enough.

Not convinced we can win this one with the selected side. Our stars will have to be super stars and the better players stars because there are a few on the bottom rung that are just too iffy.

Senior Player
    It will be interesting to see if Port plays a loose man in defence to help cover Buddy. After last week you�d think no team would be willing to give Buddy a paddock to roam in one on one.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Jones out with calf tightness Fox in

Port no changes

There's a few Port players warming up on the field. Looks like Rampes and Parker just came on too. It's pretty warm today. My daughter and I caught Kochy on the way in and gave him a stern talking to. Go Swannies!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Yes so am I. I don't see them as positive. The lack of ball Cunningham and Florent got was a main factor in my thinking they would be out. Someone here said Cunningham was minding Shuey, if that was the case he didn't do a very good job. Shuey had 25 and 6 tackles. He was the Eagles second highest ball getter. Taking Newman out is astounding, he had 19 and was pretty effective. Sure Fox did not give the run out of the back 50 he was giving in the pre-season but he had a very good opponent and had to look after him. I'm a bit dazed at the selections. Having Hannas and rohan back is good. I hope Gaz is ok and he is able to concentrate now. So hard for him pre-season. I am not a father but I know how I felt when my nephew told me about their first miscarriage. I was devastated and hurting for both of them, especially Carla.

We will need to win the clearances today if we are to win. As much time spent in our forward 50 as possible. We cannot afford to allow them to exit our forward half like we did last year. If we do it won't be Charlie that will cut us to pieces it will be their clever smalls. if Newman was dropped for lack of speed I wonder why Macca is still there? The selections as I say are a bit confusing. I am not convinced by Harry's form in the pre-season and didn't think much of last week. One disposal to half time is just not good enough.

Not convinced we can win this one with the selected side. Our stars will have to be super stars and the better players stars because there are a few on the bottom rung that are just too iffy.
    Hmmm, that was HC's stats in the GF to half time.

Senior Player
    Good stuff from Florent. Cool head and a clean disposal despite significant pressure.

Are the black armbands for Brian Bourke?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Good stuff from Florent. Cool head and a clean disposal despite significant pressure.
    Yes, he's showing that his place was justified.

Veterans List
    Terrible skills from both sides. I guess that's what happens when there is pressure. (Ok they just mentioned on the telecast that it is windy so that might be affecting the kicks).

We had more of the ball and should have scored more.

Can't complain about Florent this week...he has been very involved.

It's nice to have Hanners back.

Sweet Caroline is on!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast