Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 3 V GWS

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It'[*]I've always preferred Rohan as a forward, but I now believe he can't contribute enough there and is too good to leave out of the team. He should be moved to defence, adding to our intercept marking and rebound capabilities. Our core defence should be Melican, Aliir, Rampe and Rohan.
    Rohan has been tried forward, tried defense ... Same result.

If anything, he is a tall winger. But teams will drag him down to defence to expose him.

Back to the 2's.

Trying to work out Rohan's best place is a road to insanity. The only way to avoid your mind going into meltdown is to absorb the fact that he is over hyped by the faithful. If you accept he's a fringe player, you'll stop thinking he's the answer or to blame for a loss.
    Enlightenment is this way.

Senior Player
    I said before the season started that I didn�t think there was a place in the seniors for Rohan at this stage. The fact that he has a pretty difficult life situation to deal with I�m sure is compounding things for him. As much as I love the fella he shouldn�t be playing seniors at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Trying to work out Rohan's best place is a road to insanity. The only way to avoid your mind going into meltdown is to absorb the fact that he is over hyped by the faithful. If you accept he's a fringe player, you'll stop thinking he's the answer or to blame for a loss.
    Enlightenment is this way.
    Thanks Barry.

And to think, all that money I wasted over the years on psychiatrists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Thanks Barry.

And to think, all that money I wasted over the years on psychiatrists.
    His bill is in the mail.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Rohan for Newman - no logic in that, wouldn't blame Newman if he looked for a trade out at years end so this week lets Newman for Rohan please, the latter needs a good run in the NEAFL.
    So Newman should spit the dummy because he got dropped. Gee that's the character we need to encourage.

Btw I thought Rohan played OK

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post

Btw I thought Rohan played OK
    Rohan had 7 disposals which was the lowest of any swans player and = with Howard for port who's only job for them was to try and keep buddy quiet. I cant see how you thought he played ok. He took 1 good mark at half back and late in the game kicked a point. apart from those 2 kicks i hardly saw him.

Calf injuries are not generally the quickest to come back from. Even is it was just �tightness� which I reckon is code for grade 1 strain, Jones will be given another week.

I saw Reid and Aliir doing some light training at around midday yesterday before the game in the park opposite the SCG. If they�re both running fine then their respective injuries should have recovered enough to be available.

I like the look of Fox for the most part but his kicking efficiency lets him down. To be fair it let everyone down last night but a running back can ill afford to have this as their weakness. I think Allir comes in for Fox especially considering GWS�s tall forward line.

I�ve always been a big supporter of Gary and haven�t worried too much about possession numbers for him. However, with our increased depth, he is certainly sliding towards our 18-26 category. For me, he stays in but is under pressure.

Hayward will be a good player for a long time but he is clearly given a slightly different role this year pushing more into midfield. I�m ok with this thinking but I don�t think it would hurt him spending a few weeks honing this in the NEAFL. Therefore, I�d bring Reid in for him.

In summary:

Outs: Fox, Hayward
    Ins: Aliir, Reid

I wouldn�t make too many changes, our skill level was down, and we were failing the basics.

In: Jones (if fit) otherwise Newman
    Out: Fox

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Calf injuries are not generally the quickest to come back from. Even is it was just �tightness� which I reckon is code for grade 1 strain, Jones will be given another week.

I saw Reid and Aliir doing some light training at around midday yesterday before the game in the park opposite the SCG. If they�re both running fine then their respective injuries should have recovered enough to be available.

I like the look of Fox for the most part but his kicking efficiency lets him down. To be fair it let everyone down last night but a running back can ill afford to have this as their weakness. I think Allir comes in for Fox especially considering GWS�s tall forward line.

I�ve always been a big supporter of Gary and haven�t worried too much about possession numbers for him. However, with our increased depth, he is certainly sliding towards our 18-26 category. For me, he stays in but is under pressure.

Hayward will be a good player for a long time but he is clearly given a slightly different role this year pushing more into midfield. I�m ok with this thinking but I don�t think it would hurt him spending a few weeks honing this in the NEAFL. Therefore, I�d bring Reid in for him.

In summary:

Outs: Fox, Hayward
    Ins: Aliir, Reid
    I agree we need Aliir in the side and that he matches up well against GWS, but I would be surprised if they picked him given the length of time out (and particularly since he played a full, impressive game of footy). Last year Longmire banged on a bit about how his selection and form in the seniors in 2016 followed excellent form in the reserves. I suspect they'd want him to build up that form again before selecting him in the senior side. Happily, first round of the NEAFL this week.

Fox - one of our best last night. Great speed in the back half, and provided run. Was surprisingly good 1 on 1.

Those under the pump should be:
    Rohan - oh dear. Another terrible night. When the footy gets tough, he goes missing. He just does the odd thing that gives you hope (like the pack grab in the 4th), but he's unfortunately our own Jack Watts (Melbourne edition).
    Hewett - his disposal is dreadful. He gets most his ball on the flanks, with some space. But his efficiency in the first two rounds is in par with Kennedy.

So the question when selecting the 22 is, are there players who can take their spots?
    Newman - probably. But there's something beyond disposals he's being assessed on that's not delivering. Could be two way running. But it might keep him out.
    Jones - straight in.
    Reid - you'd think straight in for the Giants. But he's shown to be a player who needs time to get touch. Given that last night was wet weather footy on a dry night, perhaps we wait a week on him
    Aliir - as above.

Based on this, I'd be asking for:
    In - Jones
    Out - Rohan

I'd give George another fortnight to fix his poor ball use.
    I'd also be giving Sinclair one more game before bringing Aliir in to ruck.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Fox - one of our best last night. Great speed in the back half, and provided run. Was surprisingly good 1 on 1.

Those under the pump should be:
    Rohan - oh dear. Another terrible night. When the footy gets tough, he goes missing. He just does the odd thing that gives you hope (like the pack grab in the 4th), but he's unfortunately our own Jack Watts (Melbourne edition).
    Hewett - his disposal is dreadful. He gets most his ball on the flanks, with some space. But his efficiency in the first two rounds is in par with Kennedy.

So the question when selecting the 22 is, are there players who can take their spots?
    Newman - probably. But there's something beyond disposals he's being assessed on that's not delivering. Could be two way running. But it might keep him out.
    Jones - straight in.
    Reid - you'd think straight in for the Giants. But he's shown to be a player who needs time to get touch. Given that last night was wet weather footy on a dry night, perhaps we wait a week on him
    Aliir - as above.

Based on this, I'd be asking for:
    In - Jones
    Out - Rohan

I'd give George another fortnight to fix his poor ball use.
    I'd also be giving Sinclair one more game before bringing Aliir in to ruck.
    It's a bit hard to comment on who should be playing when we don't know who is tearing it up in the twos

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast