Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 3 V GWS

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Rohan has a player profile quite similar to Dangerfield, with his size, pace, marking and kicking skills. .
    Woah. Easy tiger.

Wow Rohan the spud gets another game..... we really need to start trading in some good players next yearn and getting rid of the list cloggers eg Rohan, Towers, Allir Allir and Sinclair. I know its good to have good depth but these guys are getting games consisantly bar Allir Allir. Just cant belive we game up Nankervis Tom Mitchell and Membrey. I just hope we dont loose Dawson in two years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainit View Post
    Wow Rohan the spud gets another game..... we really need to start trading in some good players next yearn and getting rid of the list cloggers eg Rohan, Towers, Allir Allir and Sinclair. I know its good to have good depth but these guys are getting games consisantly bar Allir Allir. Just cant belive we game up Nankervis Tom Mitchell and Membrey. I just hope we dont loose Dawson in two years time.
    That is pretty damning list management stats right there.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Woah. Easy tiger.
    I was going to say something about how I agree with you about Rohan's lack of production, but decided to leave that part out. I do think you and others have a right to question what Gary has produced so far and there has to be a point where we pull the plug.

I do think he is still in our best 22, even with his current output, but he is closing in on #22. He does show from time to time just how talented he is. The big complaint is that he goes missing. He could be one of the big improvers this year, but I think it will be same thing again if he's left in a forward line that includes Buddy and Reid going for the high ball coming in and so many others rotating through the forward line. I don't think we need him as a pressure forward. We have enough of those. He might get lost on the wing as well, that's why I think he needs to be given someone to play on, so he's got something to do every play and just can't get lost.

There's been a serious improvement in Dean Towers this year. He's playing with confidence. I liked the way he took that mark in the 4th qtr (I think) from Buddy's great fend off and kick and then he kicked the goal in a pressure situation. Putting him in the ruck has changed him as a player. He puts himself in the game now; not standing back and letting others do the work. Rohan never had a problem with commitment to a given play, but it's more about working himself into the game. We need to do the same for Gary that we did for Dean. Force them to play to their potential. Also, with Towers now playing as a 3rd forward who has similar skills as Rohan, a move to the backline or somewhere outside the forward line seems a move asking to be made.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    That is pretty damning list management stats right there.
    Mitchell we couldn't afford, Nankervis was accurately ranked 3rd or 4th best ruckman and Membrey is a useful mark and kick player. Nothing damning when Florent, Hayward etc were brought in. Kennedy, Parker and Mitchell would have meant 3 one paced players in the midfield long term. Unfortunate that Naismith got injured as he is clearly our best ruck option. To a lesser extent Tippett was a loss but he proved to be a dead loss injury wise.

Ludwig, I concur completely re: Towers. Playing him on the ball / in-the-ruck has got him more involved, allowed him to play instinctively, think less and grow in confidence.

Rohan looked completely at sea against Port: Towers_v1.0 esque.

But I do have a fond memory of the last Swans v GWS game at the SCG: Swans winning the first 4 centre clearances, Gaz playing off the back of the square, and us kicking the first 4 goals of the game. It was downhill after that.

Dean Towers is up and about.
    Doesn�t shimmy very well but has improved heaps in many skills.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Like many others I wonder about Rohan's progress. Yes, the injury was horrific, but I think he is past that. And I've thought about the resemblance he bears with Dangerfield. My guess is that Dangerfield is an imaginative player in any position. He also seems to have a capacity to read the game as well as the best of his era, and I suspect this is what Rohan lacks, comparatively speaking. Playing on a wing could be a way of using him to link the backs with the forwards; his speed and marking ability would be was useful in this role as they are up forward. He has the chance to be a more productive player, and I hope he can grab it with both hands - so to speak.
    I have a bad feeling that Rohan will never fulfill the potential his junior footy suggested. I want to see him take those final steps to become the high quality, dominant player we know is potentially lurking in there - but I wonder if when we look back on his career we will say 'if only'.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It is looking like this seasons official whipping boy has been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Mitchell we couldn't afford, Nankervis was accurately ranked 3rd or 4th best ruckman and Membrey is a useful mark and kick player. Nothing damning when Florent, Hayward etc were brought in. Kennedy, Parker and Mitchell would have meant 3 one paced players in the midfield long term. Unfortunate that Naismith got injured as he is clearly our best ruck option. To a lesser extent Tippett was a loss but he proved to be a dead loss injury wise.
    Membrey has done nothing yet to suggest to me he will ever be anymore than a slightly upgraded version of Jesse White - I want to see him doing good against the best teams before I'll consider him anything but a peripheral loss.

Nankervis going was a disappointment but these things happen.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Yeah, this burgeoning rote criticism of Rohan is a real drag.

Get off Rohan's back... he's got an awful lot on his mind and he has a very stressful time ahead of him. Leave him where he is for now.. a) we need him; and b) more importantly, he needs us.
    How about Faulty Towers!!! Loving his work at the moment.

Did they name Ruthless?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast