Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Changes for Rnd 3 V GWS

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

We may need to add him to the growing list of Swans players prospering elsewhere
    Surely you�re at home bored on a Friday night on a wind up?

You really saying we have a record of letting players go who dominate at other clubs?

Mitchell is going gangbusters but that topic is well covered here. Nankervis? He did well but it�s really injuries that have us missing him. Membrey? Get off the grass. Biggs? Really?

The reality is we rarely we rarely let players go who hurt us.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    It is true that Horse has only won 5 from 17 V Clarkson. He's Clarkson's bunny but that's another issue. I just think it's a shame we didn't pay Mitch what he's worth and we kept wasting money on Tippett.
    Still it's time to move on I suppose.
    We didn�t pay him what he was worth because we couldn�t do so without risking losing Heeney or Mills. Quite simple and I just can�t understand why people here can�t work that out

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Also noting there isn't a team in the land that hasn't made a blue, when it comes to trading players in and out.
    Aymen to that.

Late 1977 after we lost the elimination final to the Tigers we traded a player with 19 games experience and his sight unseen brother to Essendon in exchange for centreman Neville Fields.

Not only did our 19 game player proceed to play almost 300 games for his new club, captain it, represent his state and country etc etc, the unseen brother was considered a better player until his career was ravaged by injuries.

But after this deal, and just a few seasons with us, Neville Fields eventually returned to the Bombers. And to rub salt into the wound, a third brother and important defender in our back 6 left us to join his brothers (subsequently winning State and All Australian honours) and which ultimately enticed a recruitment of a fourth brother by the Bombers.

Hindsight is 20:20. What if we never traded out Terry Daniher ...

It�s as pointless to speculate on that as to lament Tom Mitchell�s departure. Like father. Like son.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Papernick View Post
    We didn�t pay him what he was worth because we couldn�t do so without risking losing Heeney or Mills. Quite simple and I just can�t understand why people here can�t work that out

They don't want to be logical. They are alert to any opportunity to find fault. Good luck to Murray because he will get more of an opportunity at the Pies. Swans will be happy for him and his development. Same with Nankervis and probably Mitchell. Heeney and Mills tracking nicely to be long term guns. Did the best we could within financial reality.

It's a great advertisement for our development of players with Mitchell, Nanka and Murray doing well. It will only help to increase the price for players other clubs want from our list. We should get a 1st rounder for Jordan Foote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's a great advertisement for our development of players with Mitchell, Nanka and Murray doing well. It will only help to increase the price for players other clubs want from our list. We should get a 1st rounder for Jordan Foote.
    At least one I�d say!!

The fact we got what looks like being about 600 points for a guy that would have struggled to get a game for us this year is a great complyto our development program but also points to how desperate the Pies list management strategy is, not that we really need any more evidence.

Any gnashing if teeth on here re that deal is beyond ridiculous

How do you work out that?. Why heeney,mills and not mcveigh,Rohan?

I'd trade Mitch for Mills in a heartbeat.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910