Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RWO #AFL Round 3 weekend discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Really footy commentating apart from actually calling the game is al about perpetuating a series of club myths. The myths that perpetuate about the swans is that we are the best contested team in the Comp and that the scg is drastically smaller than any other footy ground. Yes we do play contested footy but so does everyone. And yes the scg is smaller but it�s wider than most grounds.

If only the commentators would just call the game !!
    The drastically smaller SCG garbage gets on my nerves so much - the way they crack on you would think the ground is 30 metres shorter than the G and substantially narrower too! The difference these days is relatively negligible in terms of length to most other grounds.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    The drastically smaller SCG garbage gets on my nerves so much - the way they crack on you would think the ground is 30 metres shorter than the G and substantially narrower too!
    Here here.

In fact the scg is the ground most similar to the mcg in shape and size of all grounds used for afl. Most other grounds are longer and narrower than either mcg or scg

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If Melican isn't fit for next week against the Dogs, it might actually work for us given the Dogs's small forward line. Newman or Fox in would be better than another tall such as Aliir.

Ed Richards, another half back flanker that we were linked with before the draft is playing well for them.
    Ed Richards looks a lot like Gary Rohan

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Yea true. Thus far Nick has been pretty good. I think it�s because he�s only just retired and he is still close the the players currently playing that he offers good insights into the way they�re thinking and playing. I suspect that diminishes the further from their playing days that those ex player commentators get as they still relate things to the game in their day but the game moves on so they start talking about other things and get caught up in the commentator speak
    Cameron Ling was a breath of fresh (and sensible) air when he started in the media but now he's just another Channel 7 knob........we'll see how long Nick hangs in there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345