Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RWO #AFL Round 3 weekend discussion thread

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    How can a club be rebuilding for 16 years and make absolutely no progress? And what a poor advertisement for having the number 1 draft pick. How can Weitering be so bad? Kade Simpson will be 34 next month and is probably still the best player at Carlton.
    Blues had three #1 draft picks 12-14 years ago, Murphy, Gibbs, can�t remember the third. Got them nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Jed Lamb is still soft as. Weitering looks like he's really NOT enjoying his football ATM. How good would it be to have Brodie Grundy at the Swans?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Blues had three #1 draft picks 12-14 years ago, Murphy, Gibbs, can�t remember the third. Got them nowhere.
    Kreuzer?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Jed Lamb is still soft as. Weitering looks like he's really NOT enjoying his football ATM. How good would it be to have Brodie Grundy at the Swans?

- - - Updated - - -

Kreuzer?
    Yes, correct! Those priority picks helped, tankers!!!

And they got Judd. Bet he wishes he chose a different club?!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    How can a club be rebuilding for 16 years and make absolutely no progress? And what a poor advertisement for having the number 1 draft pick. How can Weitering be so bad? Kade Simpson will be 34 next month and is probably still the best player at Carlton.
    Weathering is a kid playing on blokes 10-15kg heavier than him. Thrown to the wolves. Blues getting rag dolled. Looks like under 18s playing under 15s.

Hah! You have one job Levi!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I don�t know who normally starts these threads but I�ve just switched on to the �massive� Blues v Pies Friday night game.

Cheering the Blues tonight. I�m enjoying watching their young side develop. Cripps is a star and Curnow is very exciting.
    Thanks AB, I was a bit slow tonight, I've got the next three days off and was kicking back a bit too much......

I see 'our' Sam Murray is having a good game for the 'Pies tonight. Makes a few mistakes but he does take the game on. Very fast player......

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Have to admit Murray is looking good but it is against Carlton. Let�s see how he fares against a side that puts defensive pressure on like a Richmond

And I�m not surprised Carlton has regressed this year. The losses of Gibbs and Docherty cannot be easily offset

Carlton have been super disappointing. They have made Collingwood look good. Sam Murray has had a good game.

Veteran Site Admin
    Credit to Curnow in the second half. Carlton were somewhat better after halftime and I reckon he was the driving force behind it, rather than just a recipient. He certainly works very hard and his goal showed a lot of class.

Veterans List
    There's this myth in football that teams blooding lots of young players over several years are making progress to a flag.

If you look at the 2010 "They know we're coming" version of Carlton with all its high picks, they peaked bottom of the 8 and fell away dramatically again after a few retirements. Right now many Blues supporters think they have the best young talent coming through of any side, give me a break! They also have their best player turning 34 and Murphy 31 this year so they need to be replaced. They'll probably add another 1 or 2 pick this year but by the time they are moving up Cripps will be a FA.

The hype over the last couple of years about St.Kilda was never warranted because mainstays of their team Riewalt and Montagna were close to retirement and whilst they had good young players, none of them appeared to be star material.

Which leads us to the Swans who have been managing to constantly top up and be relevant for over 20 years. Let's be thankful and praise those who have done this for us.

As for Murray, meh, doubt he'd be playing for us right now and I'd rather have the pick upgrade which is highly likely to be around 25-30 draft places, may even help us pay for Blakey if he nominates us and allow us to keep our second rounder.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Murphy, Gibbs (Cup), Kreuzer (Cup) and now Weitering. Also got Thomas 2, Plowman 3, SPS 6, Marchbank 6, Pickett 4, Dow 3, but they're still rubbish!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast