Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RWO #AFL Round 3 weekend discussion thread

Veterans List
    I see the 'Dogs have decided too try and prove the 2016 Premiership was no fluke......sorry, too late for that. Could have wrapped it up by quarter time had they kicked straight..... Port now the only undefeated side...... that should be us!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 8th April 2018 at 05:35 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    If Melican isn't fit for next week against the Dogs, it might actually work for us given the Dogs's small forward line. Newman or Fox in would be better than another tall such as Aliir.

Ed Richards, another half back flanker that we were linked with before the draft is playing well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Ed Richards, another half back flanker that we were linked with before the draft is playing well for them.
    Ed Richards was my pick in the 2017 draft thread. Longmire interviewed Laghlan Fogarty and Jack Higgins the day before the draft, who were also on my favourites list. All 3 have played this year and looking okay. A bit of an inauspicious start for Ling, but I'll back our selection for now. He did show a few good things.

Veterans List
    Couldn't believe my ears when Dwayne Russell said during the Eagles v Geelong game that the Eagles were unlucky to lose against us. He must have been smoking something dodgy because losing by 5 goals is not unlucky!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I have always found Dwayne Russell biased with his commentary against the Swans and I get very annoyed with his comments, so I am not surprised by that comment.

Senior Player
    Really footy commentating apart from actually calling the game is al about perpetuating a series of club myths. The myths that perpetuate about the swans is that we are the best contested team in the Comp and that the scg is drastically smaller than any other footy ground. Yes we do play contested footy but so does everyone. And yes the scg is smaller but it�s wider than most grounds.

If only the commentators would just call the game !!

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I have always found Dwayne Russell biased with his commentary against the Swans and I get very annoyed with his comments, so I am not surprised by that comment.
    Not biased, just dumb (and a bit too fond of the sound of his own voice).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Really footy commentating apart from actually calling the game is al about perpetuating a series of club myths. The myths that perpetuate about the swans is that we are the best contested team in the Comp and that the scg is drastically smaller than any other footy ground. Yes we do play contested footy but so does everyone. And yes the scg is smaller but it�s wider than most grounds.

If only the commentators would just call the game !!

Most of the commentators deal in a lot of shallow information. Good call AG. Although I thought Nick Riewoldt was pretty fair and interesting to listen to.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Most of the commentators deal in a lot of shallow information. Good call AG. Although I thought Nick Riewoldt was pretty fair and interesting to listen to.
    Yea true. Thus far Nick has been pretty good. I think it�s because he�s only just retired and he is still close the the players currently playing that he offers good insights into the way they�re thinking and playing. I suspect that diminishes the further from their playing days that those ex player commentators get as they still relate things to the game in their day but the game moves on so they start talking about other things and get caught up in the commentator speak

Senior Player
    Bummer that Liam Ryan is out for an extended period: High-flying Eagle grounded for 'extended period' - AFL.com.au. I have really enjoyed the bits I have seen of him in the first three rounds - future star.

Was chatting with a Pies fan mate at hockey training last night. He reckons Sam Murray is a gun and that we got reamed in that trade last year.

I think those points will come in handy when we draft Blakely but he has started with a bang for them.

Good luck to him.

* Edit: Blakey

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Was chatting with a Pies fan mate at hockey training last night. He reckons Sam Murray is a gun and that we got reamed in that trade last year.

I think those points will come in handy when we draft Blakely but he has started with a bang for them.

Good luck to him.

* Edit: Blakey
    LOL. Even if Murray turns out to be a good player for the Pies in the longer term (and I don't think you can judge any player by their first three games), we hardly got reamed in a trade where we got a second round pick for an uncontracted player yet to debut. Impey moved to Hawthorn for a pick 33 and some late pick swapping (of little net value). Nathan Wilson moved to Freo for a future second and some loose change - pretty similar value to Murray given where you'd expect Collingwood and Freo's second round picks to be.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast