Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 3, Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, 07/04/18, SCG @sydneyswans #AFLSwansGiants

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Has Dunstall ever seen a free kick to Swans that he agrees with?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    Possibly when Dermie played a game or two with us?

Veterans List
    Leaked goals at the end of the quarters again. Grundy had 5 minutes of the horrors.

It can be hard to watch at times. Sure, there have been handling errors before in the greasy conditions at the SCG, but I can't remember it being so bad as in the past 2 games. Our midfield looks terribly out of form. Not winning the ball, nor tackling. There's no predicting what will happen in a game like this.

Gary Rohan: 4 possessions, but making a big impact. Can mark the ball and kick straight. Also had a telling tackle that led to a goal.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Thank goodness for Sam Reid... about the only one who can take a mark. Some disgraceful skill errors have kept them in it. I hope we now come out to play after half time!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Not just that but poor disposal selection. Kicking to one on 2, worm burners that achieve nothing but turnovers and an incredible number of dropped marks. Heeney has made some horrible selections and disposals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It can be hard to watch at times. Sure, there have been handling errors before in the greasy conditions at the SCG, but I can't remember it being so bad as in the past 2 games. Our midfield looks terribly out of form. Not winning the ball, nor tackling. There's no predicting what will happen in a game like this.

Gary Rohan: 4 possessions, but making a big impact. Can mark the ball and kick straight. Also had a telling tackle that led to a goal.
    I was going to write pretty well the same points, but since you said it, I won't say it again.
    But to add a couple of things. I thought that Heeney was probably our best in that half and Reid showed he's value. If we can fix the centre clearances and the tackle count, the class of our forward line should see us come away with the points.
    Also, it would be nice if they turned the umpire's mikes down a touch.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DNJ500 View Post
    It is on Fox Sports 2 in the USA if you can access that...
    Thanks but it�s not available in my hotel room and with the game starting at 11.30 pm Friday night Honolulu time I wasn�t up for finding a sports bar that might be showing it .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I was going to write pretty well the same points, but since you said it, I won't say it again.
    But to add a couple of things. I thought that Heeney was probably our best in that half and Reid showed he's value. If we can fix the centre clearances and the tackle count, the class of our forward line should see us come away with the points.
    Also, it would be nice if they turned the umpire's mikes down a touch.
    Umpires.....they love the sound of their own voices these days and frankly, over talk. I think they think it's all about them. It's one of my pet hates when viewing a game, besides the frequent ineptness of their performance......

Senior Player
    It�s obviously very early in the season, but our inability to win without significant input from Buddy is concerning. The team needs another game plan. Start winning the damn clearances for one. GWS (especially Cameron) converting some lucky goals for sure, but the Swans don�t look capable of winning right now.

Senior Player
    Ouch x two goals are coming in bursts of 3-4 each way let�s hope we end up being on the right side of a scoring burst at the end of the fourth quarter

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Ouch x two goals are coming in bursts of 3-4 each way let�s hope we end up being on the right side of a scoring burst at the end of the fourth quarter
    Right on cue our turn to score three Can anyone provide any reason for the bunched scoring ?

Senior Player
    I said to two footy followers - long term - that Hayward is better than Mills and Heeney - we will see.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    It�s obviously very early in the season, but our inability to win without significant input from Buddy is concerning. The team needs another game plan. Start winning the damn clearances for one. GWS (especially Cameron) converting some lucky goals for sure, but the Swans don�t look capable of winning right now.
    We seem to have addressed your concerns so far with a good spread of goal kickers
    Let�s hope they prove you wrong results wise ????????

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast