Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 3, Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, 07/04/18, SCG @sydneyswans #AFLSwansGiants

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    Sinclair BOG for me personally, but Mills was probably the cleanest ball user tonight when everyone else was pretty sloppy
    Agree Sinclair was fantastic.. Had that bit of mongrel that makes him lift tonight. I though Mills had too many kicks to the opposition.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    It�s obviously very early in the season, but our inability to win without significant input from Buddy is concerning. The team needs another game plan. Start winning the damn clearances for one. GWS (especially Cameron) converting some lucky goals for sure, but the Swans don�t look capable of winning right now.
    Buddy�s 60m goal was the winner. That said, we would have smashed the giants if not for our errors. We were terrible forward, back and mid. Shocking errors. Buddy�s performance wasn�t the factor in my view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Stunned that Mills was deemed best player on ground.. He must have done a lot of screen that I couldn't see.
    Encouragement Award........

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Certainly not perfect but we improved our kicking efficiency from 51% last week to 67% this week.
    I don't believe that stat.

Again not much from Rohan i know he kicked two oportunistic goals but reallly gave us nothing else unlike Hayward who was good all game. The goals will save him from being dropped next week but will need a 20+ possession game to warrant another game.
    Besides that great qin go Swannies

Quote Originally Posted by Cainit View Post
    Again not much from Rohan i know he kicked two oportunistic goals but reallly gave us nothing else unlike Hayward who was good all game. The goals will save him from being dropped next week but will need a 20+ possession game to warrant another game.
    Besides that great qin go Swannies
    You have got me curios. Has Rohan ever had a 20+ possession game ?

Senior Player
    Anyone hear anything about Reid and Melican who both had ice on legs Reid to quad and Melican on hammy?

Veterans List
    Stunned that Mills was deemed best player on ground.. He must have done a lot of screen that I couldn't see.
    I just checked the Hayward interview on the Swans site and the interviewer said it was Callum Sinclair who received the Brett Kirk Medal.....seems an obvious choice from the match stats.

Senior Player
    Encouraging win, despite not playing our best.

The defence improved from last week - we seemed pretty organised and made good decisions back there. Rampe has been a bit down this year, and started poorly again, but worked into the game well. Mills took BOG in a 'most possessions' decision I think, but definitely his best game for a while.

Notes:
    - Hayward was excellent. Found a lot of it, marked well, adds a touch of class - yes, he's going to be a star.
    - Sinclair's effort was outstanding. Ran up and down the ground well all night and made contributions at both ends. Close to my best. Again, gets the most out of himself.
    - Hannebery improved from last week, although his touch in close is still to come back. Joey fought well, Parker was down, Heeney was one of our best. Wins the ball in most contested situations through his skill and power.
    - Another game-deciding contribution from Buddy.

Plenty of improvement to come, but it's early.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I just checked the Hayward interview on the Swans site and the interviewer said it was Callum Sinclair who received the Brett Kirk Medal.....seems an obvious choice from the match stats.
    It was Mills who walked out in front of the crowd and did a speech we couldn't hear due to commentator ramblings. Maybe ch7 got it wrong and it was a different award. Maybe the encouragement :-)

You have got me curios. Has Rohan ever had a 20+ possession game ?
    Yes...In the 2014 prelim final v Kangas...He had 23 possessions as a halfback....was close to, if not, best on ground.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    My first SCG outing for the year. Good win in the end I thought. Hard-fought tight first half, managed to maintain the lead when they finally got a few kicks ahead. Sure, some horrid skill errors all round at times, but still early in the season. Reid right in front though...there'll be some teasing about that.

Really liked Hayward's game tonight, Florent too and Heeney. Sinclair was good. Buddy does a lot around the ground when he's not scoring - was just thinking he may not get one when he launched the 60 m bomb Thought a few were a bit down but no-one was terrible.

Anyway, just good to be out at the footy again. Giants bay was quite loud at times, given there were about 5 of them. Thought Lobb was done for the night in the first quarter, no idea how they managed to fix his leg up.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast