Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SCG Match Day Experience

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Just managed to get to my first game of the year, and maybe I'm going deaf in my old age, but the music didn't seem quite as loud as it has previously. Or maybe I'm just getting better at tuning it out.
    I thought it was less blaring last Friday. That may be subjective, these things are very mood-dependent. But I like to think that it was in response to feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I thought it was less blaring last Friday. That may be subjective, these things are very mood-dependent. But I like to think that it was in response to feedback.
    The female on the mike was certainly far better with it than her predecessor. No shouting and spoke far more clearly. Definitely noticeable.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I like Sweet Caroline...Sorry...but maybe it's time for a change...I really really enjoyed it when they played 'up there for sydney' at 3/4 time...that was fantastic

As for the rest...I see that the big screen has started to relay umpire decisions to the crowd. I think that's great, except it's inconsistent. Please SCG put all the umpiring decisions on the big screen, so that the umpires are under pressure to give fair decisions..

Food is overpriced, although I shazamed? a song on my phone and got a 7 dollar voucher for the food shop...so that actually almost paid for a crappy dinner..so that's a tip for those with kids. Shazam the songs...get free food.

Advertising? Well how do the players actually kick goals with those annoying flashing signs on the fence? Unbelievable distraction. The Terry Wallace stuff is garbage, can we get somebody who is recognisably Sydney Swans related to do that? The rest of the advertising is excessive, but understandable, I rationalise it by saying it's all money for the club that I love.

I sit in the Trumper stand. I often go by myself and have been doing so for several years. I usually have a great time. Thank you to all the security staff, the catering staff and the SCG and Swans staff who make it such an enjoyable occasion.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post

As for the rest...I see that the big screen has started to relay umpire decisions to the crowd. I think that's great, except it's inconsistent. Please SCG put all the umpiring decisions on the big screen, so that the umpires are under pressure to give fair decisions..
    It's a bit hard to put all the umpiring decisions on the screen if they don't know what the free kick was paid for ????.

Swans just tweeted that Briggs will be performing at the SCG for Marn Grook on 1st June (vs Carlton).

Now we�re talking! Mrs Beerman in particular will be pleased.

The NRL nuffies will be saying that we stole the idea from them, to which I say �Of course!� It�s a brilliant idea, the NRL theme is great and I�m not ashamed to copy a great idea.

Due to family commitments and other factors, I only have a red zone 3 game family membership. When I do go with the bride and kids we normally take whatever seats we can get on the highest level as we aren�t always able to get there early. However, I am going with a bunch of mates this Friday and should be able to organise my life a bit better.

Therefore, my question is: What time would you be able to arrive at the SCG and still be able to get 5 seats on the 2nd level of the Noble/Bradman stand. I�m thinking about 75mins before first bounce??? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Due to family commitments and other factors, I only have a red zone 3 game family membership. When I do go with the bride and kids we normally take whatever seats we can get on the highest level as we aren�t always able to get there early. However, I am going with a bunch of mates this Friday and should be able to organise my life a bit better.

Therefore, my question is: What time would you be able to arrive at the SCG and still be able to get 5 seats on the 2nd level of the Noble/Bradman stand. I�m thinking about 75mins before first bounce??? Thoughts?
    4.10 when the gates open!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post

We find we never have issues as long as one arrives around 90 minutes before the first bounce. Given its only Carlton and a Friday night game (which for many can be hard to get to early), I would say you should be fine.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Does anyone know if you can get a pass out of the SCG members area? I am going to take my young daughter with me today. Due to crowds, I thought we might get there early, get some seats in the Noble Stand and watch a bit of the NEAFL. However, at some point, I reckon my daughter will get a bit antsy. If I can take her back out to Driver Avenue for the other activities, it should freshen her up for the game later.

Normally yes you can. At the Geelong debacle you could get out onto Driver Ave and then back in

Smokers are ejected (get a pass out) to pollute on Driver Ave , so you should be OK.

I’m not an AC/DC fan but I loved it when they played Thunderstruck at three quarter time yesterday. After listening to Collingwood supporters taking the puss out of Sweet Caroline at quarter time they were silent during Thunderstruck, a song that’s gutsy, relevant and had the ground rocking.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast