Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SCG Match Day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    I’m not an AC/DC fan but I loved it when they played Thunderstruck at three quarter time yesterday. After listening to Collingwood supporters taking the puss out of Sweet Caroline at quarter time they were silent during Thunderstruck, a song that’s gutsy, relevant and had the ground rocking.
    I enjoyed it too - got the crowd going a bit before the last quarter
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    I’m not an AC/DC fan but I loved it when they played Thunderstruck at three quarter time yesterday. After listening to Collingwood supporters taking the puss out of Sweet Caroline at quarter time they were silent during Thunderstruck, a song that’s gutsy, relevant and had the ground rocking.
    IIRC, I would have been happy with any of the choices. Much better than the Adelaide game where we somehow got stitched up with Daryl Braithwaite.

The collingwood supporters behind me were lined up in front of me at the food bar before the game.
    One of them was ordering a pie. I don't think the pies were quite ready... I think they stopped the microwave to pull one out for him.
    The canteen staff put a thermometer into it to make sure it was "cooked". It was 6.55pm. We were discussing the quality of the food before the game. (My hotdog bun had been cut twice - once by the factory, and once again by the staff... the bun was in pieces.)
    Oh dear. You'd think they'd get these things ready a little earlier.

Funny thing... the pies supporter spent the rest of the game yelling out "hot pies" every time they scored a goal. When the final siren went off, I took great delight in turning around, shaking his hand (he was a nice bloke, believe it or not) and saying, bloody lukewarm pies. We all lost it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    The collingwood supporters behind me were lined up in front of me at the food bar before the game.
    One of them was ordering a pie.
    Is that cannibalism?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    One of them was ordering a pie. I don't think the pies were quite ready... I think they stopped the microwave to pull one out for him.
    The canteen staff put a thermometer into it to make sure it was "cooked". It was 6.55pm. We were discussing the quality of the food before the game. (My hotdog bun had been cut twice - once by the factory, and once again by the staff... the bun was in pieces.)
    Oh dear. You'd think they'd get these things ready a little earlier.

Funny thing... the pies supporter spent the rest of the game yelling out "hot pies" every time they scored a goal. When the final siren went off, I took great delight in turning around, shaking his hand (he was a nice bloke, believe it or not) and saying, bloody lukewarm pies. We all lost it.
    The food service was abysmal on Saturday night at the back of the Red Zone - 20 minutes to get a lousy cup of chips in the lead up to the game. Was worried I would miss out on seeing the boys run out at one stage.

Nice comeback to the colliwobbles fan too
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    The food service was abysmal on Saturday night at the back of the Red Zone
    The year that the new Bradman-Noble opened was great, but I think service and quality is much worse this season.

Never seem to be enough staff at any outlet. Long wait times even at quieter periods like first quarter. Food often cold or badly prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    The year that the new Bradman-Noble opened was great, but I think service and quality is much worse this season.

Never seem to be enough staff at any outlet. Long wait times even at quieter periods like first quarter. Food often cold or badly prepared.
    I'm always amazed at how slow, inefficient and overpriced the food and drink service is at the SCG. Whenever you go to the MCG, for example, they have a system for churning out huge amounts very quickly. I get embarrassed alongside fans from Melbourne standing in line for ages just to get a beer. Why can't the SCG be good at it?

That and the quality of our banners, certainly compared to the top work of the Bulldogs (and the Pies hidden message on Saturday) leaves a lot to be desired.

And of course the quarter time musical debacle that is SC.

Its been terrible this year. While it is excellent to have dedicated coffee shops up there, they are the worst offenders. Often staffed by people about 12 years old, they charge horrendous prices for subquality coffees and take an absolute age. And hot food is

We usually get Subway or something similar from the EQ and take it in - but got peckish on Saturday and wanted hot chips. Gee that took a long time to get what should be simple. And I'm sorry but the staff behind the counter were terribly trained - barely knew what was going on. Really, really poor.

But it is the SCG we are talking about, who seem far more worried about if people are wearing collared shirts or not than more important things to enhance the game day experience for patrons.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I'm always amazed at how slow, inefficient and overpriced the food and drink service is at the SCG. Whenever you go to the MCG, for example, they have a system for churning out huge amounts very quickly. I get embarrassed alongside fans from Melbourne standing in line for ages just to get a beer. Why can't the SCG be good at it?

That and the quality of our banners, certainly compared to the top work of the Bulldogs (and the Pies hidden message on Saturday) leaves a lot to be desired.

And of course the quarter time musical debacle that is SC.
    Thats spot on about both the MCG and Docklands. They prepour beers so that they have a stock built up for all the breaks and seem to turn around crowds in huge numbers.

The SCG always seems to be surprised that people are there to buy drinks in large numbers.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Anyone tried ordering Uber Eats or one of those food delivery apps, tell them to deliver to the correct gate where you'll meet them there? Even with the delivery costs, it's likely to still be cheaper than the SCG prices.

I take a thermos with tea in and depending on the game time a sandwich for lunch or something more substantial for dinner.

I recall during the Adelaide game that I was waiting in line for food at one of those "combined" outlets with a bar on one of the queue and the food on the other. The staff seemed very disorganised with a very vague idea of what they were supposed to be doing. After about 60 seconds, a supervisor and manager walked in and said "Who's got their RSA?" They grabbed the nearest staff person who said "yes" and said "you go on the till" and then proceeded to start kicking staff out left right and centre.

I can't believe that they would roster staff at a major event without even ensuring that they are adequately qualified to be in the staff-only area, let alone do their job. Amateur hour.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast