Gday everyone.
I'm new to the forum and I wanted to see what others have experienced this year at the scg. I have been a member for over 10 years and rarely miss a home game. I didn't go last night to the Giants game but last week I went but my match day experience was a bit of a turn off. I recently had some eye surgery so I left my seat in the Noble Stand and went back up to the bar area to get away from the sun and I found all the screens showing the game had about 30% of the screen filled with advertising which I found disconcerting to watch. At half time I returned to my seat only to find that I was bombarded with really loud advertising and it didnt stop for the whole of half time. I found it really loud and oppressive. Not enjoyable at all. I dont recall this occuring last year at all. This oppressive noise continued right up to the bounce of the ball for the second half.
Next game I am going to sit behind the goalposts on the concourse hoping to get away from the advertising noise.
What has anyone else found? I am sitting in the Red Zone in the Noble Stand. Am I imagining things?
I didn't go last night because of my experience from last week.