Thread: SCG Match Day Experience

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Yep. The catering at the SCG is absolutely atrocious compared to how it was at ANZ Stadium. Shrunken, dry Four 'n' Twenty pies and sausage rolls that taste disgusting and cost a fortune, with some dimwit behind the counter getting the order and being the cashier.

And no, I don't want Doyles fish and chips. If I want that I'll drive to Watons Bay. It's footy, not a day at the beach.

Oh for the days of ducking down to the self serve at ANZ for a handful of Vilis pies & sausage rolls at about 30% less the price they are at the SCG, not to mention taking the order to any of 4 or 5 cashiers waiting to serve...
    The way the catering deals work is that the catering company will pay an upfront fee and/or royalty to the venue to secure the
    deal for x number of years.Then they will spend the duration of the contract trying to recoup the advance and/or cover the
    royalty by charging as much as they can while offering as little as they can in return. The venues don't care, they've got their money,
    and the more they get from the catering company, the higher the prices and the lower the quality will be. This is the so-called
    "business model" folks. On Saturday night during the second quarter Mrs Tigers bought the last sandwich in
    the Brewongle, and by that I mean two tired slices of bread with a piece of pumpkin and lettuce between them that looked liked
    it had been sitting in an unrefrigerated warehouse in Wetherill Park since the Tommy Hafey days for $9.
    All part of the "Match Day Experience" I suppose.
    Last edited by KTigers; 11th April 2018 at 03:09 PM.