Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Cainit View Post
    Out Melican In Murry

We are going to borrow Murray from Collingwood?

Goes up to 11
    If we're worried about the Bulldogs' pace, what better way to counter it by keeping the ball off them as much as possible with strong foot skills?

Newman is a must in for mine...

Senior Player
    No Tom Boyd if you believe Easton Wood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    No Tom Boyd if you believe Easton Wood
    If Tom Boyd plays it would be to our advantage. He is horribly out of form, 2 disposals in the first half in the VFL last week as a key forward, moved to a forward-ruck role in the second and finished with 8 disposals in total.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    2 disposals in the first half in the VFL last week as a key forward, moved to a forward-ruck role in the second and finished with 8 disposals in total.
    And people talk about Sydney paying overs for Tippett!

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Boyd helped them to win a flag , they got better return on their investment than ours in Tippo I�d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    That may be so, however he has a premiership under his belt and played a part in that win.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Our depth is really not good in the tall forward or ruck department. And we don�t really have a replacement for Melican if he�s missing v Adelaide. Hopefully we can fast track the development of some tall young players.
    Did aliir just transfer out? Did Maibaum disappear?

We have Amarty, Cameron and McCartin as tall forward choices. Two are developing and Cameron is ripe and ready.

We also have small forward options if needed; Rose & Ronke

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Why can't he get a game? - AFL.com.au

Nic Newman

The versatile 25-year-old was unlucky to be dropped after gathering 19 possessions in Sydney's round one win over West Coast, and despite playing 20 games last season in defence and on a wing, he looks to be out of favour. Newman's leg speed is his biggest issue where he can be exposed in the midfield, and with Jarrad McVeigh, Jake Lloyd, Callum Mills and Nick Smith locks as small defenders, there doesn't seem to be a spot for him at the moment. Newman uses the ball well on his trusty left boot but he might be forced to wait for his opportunity in the NEAFL. - Adam Curley

He's so slow he ran down Scully last year

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Did aliir just transfer out? Did Maibaum disappear?

We have Amarty, Cameron and McCartin as tall forward choices. Two are developing and Cameron is ripe and ready.

We also have small forward options if needed; Rose & Ronke
    Aliir isn�t fit/ready and has yet to find a role in the best 22. I�m not sure he�s really a long term replacement for Melican as a lock down defender. Might be OK as a stopgap.

Cameron didn�t show anything in the JLT when given the opportunity, but is next in line. Amartey and McCartin both have great potential but probably need more than one season in the NEAFL.

Maibaum I�m not sure about. He�s been in the system a while. Don�t know if he could be swung forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I don�t think anyone is saying Newman is not skilful
    I don�t think he has been dropped for lack of possession nor lack of skill nor lack of effort

My observation of the pre season and first games this season and watching other teams besides the Swans is that we are evolving our style of play.

I think our team balance requires faster give and go players....... period.

The game is definitely faster and that means we need more fast paced players to minimise separation to direct opponent and more pace to impose our evolving transitions

Our selections and our recruitment have shown that we need to be in alignment with the game

We have enough slower paced accumulators rotating thru the backline in mills, lloyd, macca Setting up our transitions

To beat the fast counter attack teams like port etc we need to have the whips cracking with the fast �give and go� players

It is a risk developing a player like say Ollie vs a Newman but I think the risk reward is in the right direction for future success this season Come finals
    Then why are we even bothering to play McVeigh? He's far slower than Newman, doesn't use the ball as well, showboats and then stuffs up at crucial moments.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Then why are we even bothering to play McVeigh? He's far slower than Newman, doesn't use the ball as well, showboats and then stuffs up at crucial moments.
    I agree. Newman over McVeigh

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast