Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Bloody oath he did , did you watch the game ? I think your suggesting the umpires helped the dogs, and while I don�t disagree completely , we still should have won if we were good enough , fact is we weren�t ! Too many passengers that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Couldn't disagree more. You're being overly diplomatic. Call it out for the screw up it was. The umpires COMPLETELY helped the dogs. Without the umpire errors we would have definitely won. Sure, we had some passengers but that was because of injury/fatigue. It was a high pressure game that made both teams look average.

The simple fact is that had the pros and cons of the umpiring decisions been reversed we would have won. We were being rodgered by the umpires for the first 3 quarters. The game was umpired as it should have been in the final quarter only after the umpires has seen the differential and realised they'd fallen for the crowd noise. The game was in the balance with five minutes to go when we should have been 3-5 goals in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Marsh unlucky again. Hasn't done much wrong when he has played.
    Harry is an interesting one for me.

He never lets us down but he struggles to get regular games with our depth. He seems to be regarded well internally and he is still young enough to have a decent AFL career.

Will he stay or seek a trade at year end? I wouldn�t think there�d be that many suitors and he may well be the classic depth player who carved out a career of 30-40 games over 7-8 seasons. He�s probably still being paId quite well to play neafl. If he�s smart he�ll also be making plans for a career post footy

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Papernick View Post
    Harry is an interesting one for me.

He never lets us down but he struggles to get regular games with our depth. He seems to be regarded well internally and he is still young enough to have a decent AFL career.

Will he stay or seek a trade at year end? I wouldn�t think there�d be that many suitors and he may well be the classic depth player who carved out a career of 30-40 games over 7-8 seasons. He�s probably still being paId quite well to play neafl. If he�s smart he�ll also be making plans for a career post footy
    May still get a chance this year depending on circumstances. Played ok in winning 2016 Prelim win over cats. Should have played in GF but we played McVeigh and Mills who were both under a little bit of an injury cloud.

Hope they give AA a run of games in the Ones and not shaft him if he makes a couple of blues like most players do including our Superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Hope they give AA a run of games in the Ones and not shaft him if he makes a couple of blues like most players do including our Superstar.
    Just look how many error ridden games Zak Jones has had without getting dropped. That's because we know he has the talent and commitment to be a successful football player. And the coaching staff know it's their job to make it happen. I think the same holds true for Aliir. I think Zak and Aliir have a lot in common, besides both arriving through the 2013 draft. They both like to take the game on and can quickly turn defence into offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think Aliir needs another week in the reserves where he can play a full game. We don't need another tall defender for WB. The only consideration for bringing him in would be to prepare him for the following week's game with Adelaide with an AFL game.
    I apologise for the tardiness of my reply, but I just can't help observing (ok, savouring) the irony in Aliir finally being selected when you thought he'd be better off playing reserves, Ludwig!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678