Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 4 Weekly Discussion Thread

It�s only round 4 but it looks like a race to the bottom between the Blues and Lions.

St Kilda could be another team to really drop but I think the Doggies will win their share of games if they can play like tonight the rest of the season.

I�d also expect the Suns to finish bottom 4.

North could be the team that outperforms expectations but they haven�t won against a strong team yet

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    If Essendon continues this performance and beats Port, the Top 2 in the AFL will be the Giants and the Eagles, both teams that the Swans have already beaten this year.

Veterans List
    Interesting round in the end....actually, still is. This seasons ladder could be a close one like last year, with a dearth at the bottom in the Blues, Lions and Saints, maybe Suns and North as well. To me, question marks remain over the, Dockers, Pies, Dogs, even considering the last two's improved form. Everyone else is well in the mix for the eight really. Go Swans!

Sun's will be knocking on the 8. They have a horror start to the year because of fixturing around the commonwealth games

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Dominant ruckman leading to a +24 clearance differential. Probably not a coincidence.
    Hawthorn-Melbourne Game: Dominant ruckman, (72-34 hitsouts), leads to a +17 clearance differential and big win. Probably not a coincidence.

Ooops! I think I've made a mistake. Should read: Dominant ruckman, (72-34 hitsouts), leads to a -17 clearance differential and big loss. You won't see that again.

Not every team has Tom Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Sun's will be knocking on the 8. They have a horror start to the year because of fixturing around the commonwealth games
    Their horror fixture doesn't end tonight even if the Games do. They only get to play at their real home ground for the first time in Round 11! And between now and then they have that ridiculous 'home' game in China. Imagine the uproar if a Vic club was treated this way. However because it's the Suns, most of the VFL fans couldn't care less.

I have the Suns locked in for bottom 4, only thing I'm unsure about is which position in the bottom 4 given how bad the Blues, Saints and Lions are.

Veteran Site Admin
    It's a strange season thus far, with most teams showing a huge difference between their best and worst. Melbourne are even able to show both within the same game.

Essendon were putrid last week and yet come out and show up the ladder leaders. The Dogs have put together two pretty good weeks (notwithstanding they didn't get the points yesterday) after two awful games to start the season.

Gold Coast started well but looked clueless in their games against Freo and West Coast, while Carlton have pretty much looked clueless the whole opening month.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Their horror fixture doesn't end tonight even if the Games do. They only get to play at their real home ground for the first time in Round 11! And between now and then they have that ridiculous 'home' game in China. Imagine the uproar if a Vic club was treated this way. However because it's the Suns, most of the VFL fans couldn't care less.

I have the Suns locked in for bottom 4, only thing I'm unsure about is which position in the bottom 4 given how bad the Blues, Saints and Lions are.
    You are right? If it was a Victorian side it would be all over the back page. Just to show how bias they are...In the AFL website the asked beveridge if he was upset about the two goals we got from free kicks in the first half. No mention of the second half one free kick to 12 or the overall count of 29 to 16!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    I might have to add Melbourne to those to finish down the bottom after today's insipid performance.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's a strange season thus far, with most teams showing a huge difference between their best and worst.
    And to add to your list: Brisbane very nearly beat then ladder leader Port last week at Port�s home ground the Adelaide Oval (lost by 5 points). And this week they were thumped by Richmond by 93 points! How can an AFL team only kick 2 goals 5 in a whole match????

Wonder if Luke Hodge still thinks moving to Brisbane was a good idea. He would almost certainly have had a cushy job in the media if he had stuck to his retirement plan.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And to add to your list: Brisbane very nearly beat then ladder leader Port last week at Port�s home ground the Adelaide Oval (lost by 5 points). And this week they were thumped by Richmond by 93 points! How can an AFL team only kick 2 goals 5 in a whole match????

Wonder if Luke Hodge still thinks moving to Brisbane was a good idea. He would almost certainly have had a cushy job in the media if he had stuck to his retirement plan.
    Maybe Richmond are a very good side and Port are not.

I think Hodge's media future won't be damaged by going to Brisbane.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast