Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Confidence in the AFL

I don't disagree with the grand final being played at the MCG. It is a great ground has fantastic atmosphere and I equate it to Wembley Stadium in London in the fact that the FA Cup final (and other finals) are played their. I do acknowledge that Wembley Stadium in not a home ground for a particular Premier League club unlike the MCG which has Melbourne and Richmond as tenants plus the fact that other Melbourne clubs play a lot of games there. I feel that to overcome some of the inequity of interstate clubs not playing there, The AFL should mandate that all of the interstate should play on the venue at least a minimum of 10 times over a 2 year period. As an addendum I also believe that all clubs should have a least 1 Friday night game every season, just like The NFL does in America with their Thursday night fixtures.

Is this deal signed and sealed, with the MCG getting guaranteed number of games each week? Surely Melbourne can afford a third stadium so the MCG can be shared more equally with visiting teams. Sydney and South Queensland support 2 each. Surely with 9 teams they can work that better down there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123