Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 4, Sydney Swans v Bulldogs, 4:35pm 14/04 Etihad @sydneyswans #AFLDogsSwans

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Thought the helmeted bulldog was auditioning for a boundary ump role the way he threw the ball over his head in the last couple of minutes.
    I will never forget them being repeatedly allowed to blatantly throw the pill in the 2016 Grand Final.

In hindsight I�m glad we got knocked out last year, we would never have been allowed to beat the Tigers and I don�t think I could have handled another VFL stitch up

Has that bulldog been reported for that punch to papley's head when he was on the ground? No lasting damage but that was a dog act.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Has that bulldog been reported for that punch to papley's head when he was on the ground? No lasting damage but that was a dog act.
    We won't find out until late Monday afternoon when the MRP findings are published. They've started reviewing Thursday and Friday games on Saturday but the Sat/Sun games are still left to Monday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Well, he is a dog, so no surprise.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Thought the helmeted bulldog was auditioning for a boundary ump role the way he threw the ball over his head in the last couple of minutes.
    Yes and he did take 22 steps before flinging the ball away, but it was Caleb Daniel, so he may not have ran more than 15 metres.

On the wing
    Hoe do you get to see a replay ?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolie View Post
    Hoe do you get to see a replay ?
    AFL website. Click on the game under match centre on the main page, you'll see a red box that says 'watch replay'. But you need to be a subscriber of the AFL liveapp (free if you're a Telstra customer, $4.99 a week if not). Then you need to sacrifice two goldfish, snort wasabi, punch yourself in the face ten times, cry, beg then write a very angry email to Telstra support, just to get the thing working.

There is help. Read this: Solved: Re: AFL live subscription not working - Telstra Crowdsupport - 738042

I posted at the end of the thread today which should resolve issues
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    [QUOTE=Velour&Ruffles;747079]Based on 2017 and the small sample of 2018, I'd be reluctant to go into a GF without him. He is habitually in our best 2-3 players. Why you wouldn't want him there is a mystery to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I see it as a frequent footy question: Can a fast mind compensate for old legs? I guess the answer depends on the individual concerned. No-one would doubt Macca's footy smarts, and yes, he made a solid contribution yesterday. If he can do the same sort of thing through to the end of the season, I'd be very happy to include him. I guess time will tell.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Heeneys lightning handballs are right up there with Diesel plus all the other stuff in his bag of tricks ... it was his dodge, weave and kick to Ollie that created the opportunistic goal.
    Hope he�s a Swan for his whole career.

Towers has grown in confidence and his story is one of gritty perserverance.

Sinclair is a big Improver.

McVeighs hip n shoulder on Dunkley instantaneously when he fluffed the mark to prevent him regathering was typical five star nous in the frantic closing stages .

Really enjoyed watching this game post work. This was the result we wanted in the 16 Granny. Swans have woken up a bit to the barnstorming way the dogs play.

TOWERS!!!!!
    Doubters... I hope you are enjoying eating fries with your words.
    I knew he would eventually stop looking at the headlights of the car. Again, did some brilliant things when it mattered.
    I was almost going to turn it off at half time, it was a bit nerve wrecking. Glad I didn't.
    The black and white armbands were very special. Love this team.

Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Very lucky to win. This season has started with some of the worst skills
    Equal to last year.
    We are kicking to the opposition and handballing to someone under pressure constantly.
    I don't know how anyone has watched the last 15mins of that game again.
    We showed no composure or game nous.
    However we are still winning so this can only be a positive.
    The skills will come and i'm hoping so will the nous.
    The youngest are certainly helping us to stay afloat.

The complaints about the umps is an interesting one. Thought we had an arm chair ride for the first quarter
    It definitely swung late. Swans still give away plenty of silly free kicks

Towers was very good. Rucked well and competed
    Lovely set shot as well

Newman who i wanted in was beaten by his man too easy but we need his field kicking.
    Sinclair was good but he was beaten by the young English

Happy with the win even if it was a hard watch

Flying up to Sydney for my first SCG game this week!
    Seen plenty at the Stadium yuck but strangely never been to the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think JPK has fallen out of the "elite" category of midfielders now.
    Don't say that