Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 4, Sydney Swans v Bulldogs, 4:35pm 14/04 Etihad @sydneyswans #AFLDogsSwans

Nothing grinds my gears more than idiotic players not listening to the umpires call of play on when on the mark! Sinclair was the culprit then! Let Richards have an easy kick inside 50 when he SHOULD have been kicking under pressure! What did it cost? A crucial goal...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Swan View Post
    Here is where the umpires collude to bring the Dogs back into it....shameful...
    Just shaking my head at some of these calls...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Swan View Post
    Here is where the umpires collude to bring the Dogs back into it....shameful...
    Free kick count is 21-15. I think we�ve come off pretty well all things considered (definitely better than 20-8). Swannies have definitely tightened up on the Dogs. Much better.

EDIT: ok, 23-15 now. Things are starting to go pear-shaped.

Lol see the bulldogs supporters laughing at our complete lack of skill! I can hardly blame them, If i wasn't so infuriated I would be too!

Veterans List
    I'm not one to complain about individual umpires but Stevic is a cheat. 3 dodgy decisions in a row. He copped it from the swans supporters around me.

Can't believe buddy missed that.

Umpires did a wonderful job getting the scored level. So tired of it....and then them saying if we complain to much no one will want to ump....such delicate little flowers...

Excellent start to the quarter, but then Stevic reared his ugly head. It'd be handy if he did a hamstring at the next centre bounce.

Veteran Site Admin
    The umpiring has been ordinary but in both directions. We've had some soft ones (or unreasonable HTB decisions in our favour) and some shockers against us too.

One of my most hated interpretations at the moment is the shepherding in a marking contest where there are just two players, like the one paid against Papley in the first half. Papley was positioning himself to mark the ball, not to shepherd his opponent. The fact that a few seconds before he looked to see where the opponent was didn't change the fact he was contesting the mark, not shepherding.

Swans seemed to take their foot off the pedal and minds off the job once they got a couple of goals ahead. The poor disposals and fumbles returned and now the Dogs have their tails wagging again.

The umpires don't kick it out on the full when under no pressure... we need to focus more on our basic skills than worry about those lime green mongrels!

I will be bitterly disappointed if we don't put in a huge last qtr effort to honor poor Gary and Amie who gives his all every time out on the ground for us, whether he gets many touches or not, his effort and pressure is always there!

Frees are 25-16 in favour of the dogs. What a shock!

I was really happy with Aliir's inclusion but he's had absolutely no influence! A mark or 2 would be handy!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The umpiring has been ordinary but in both directions. We've had some soft ones (or unreasonable HTB decisions in our favour) and some shockers against us too.

One of my most hated interpretations at the moment is the shepherding in a marking contest where there are just two players, like the one paid against Papley in the first half. Papley was positioning himself to mark the ball, not to shepherd his opponent. The fact that a few seconds before he looked to see where the opponent was didn't change the fact he was contesting the mark, not shepherding.

Swans seemed to take their foot off the pedal and minds off the job once they got a couple of goals ahead. The poor disposals and fumbles returned and now the Dogs have their tails wagging again.
    Liz- You are far too reasonable for this board...LOL

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast