Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 4, Sydney Swans v Bulldogs, 4:35pm 14/04 Etihad @sydneyswans #AFLDogsSwans

The Bulldogs are not playing THAT spectacular... how many goals have been the result of unforced turnovers....

Senior Player
    5 goals, 0 behinds. When was the last time that happened?

Cmon swans !,

Zone defence is lazy football. Driving me nuts.

I don't think Hanners is actually match fit...couple of weeks ago he gave up a chase because he couldn't keep up...Did he have a full pre season?

Veteran Site Admin
    How classy is Heeney! He had some really good touches in that quarter that helped bring the game closer to the style that the Swans want to play. Still have our work cut out in the second half, but Heeney's goal on the siren was handy.

Could be a lot worse. If Swans stop with unforced errors, they will win.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I don't think Hanners is actually match fit...couple of weeks ago he gave up a chase because he couldn't keep up...Did he have a full pre season?
    Hanners had no pre-season at all. It's not surprising that he's not yet at his best, but I don't think he's been that bad today. Most of his possessions have been in the middle of packs. A few players aren't very clean with the ball today. Towers is one culprit, Newman another, while Jones has mixed some good "taking the game on" with some overly ambitious plays that have turned the ball over.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    He looks very short of a gallop.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    How classy is Heeney! He had some really good touches in that quarter that helped bring the game closer to the style that the Swans want to play. Still have our work cut out in the second half, but Heeney's goal on the siren was handy.
    Yes, he's been one of our best, and hopefully that goal is a bit of a momentum changer. We did seem to be getting a bit more physical in that quarter and were starting to get back on top, but a run of behinds meant that we didn't really cash in.

His decision making is definitely elite. He has been very good so far and he worked so hard to work the length of the ground to take that final mark. Clutch kick too.

Hanners had no pre-season at all. It's not surprising that he's not yet at his best, but I don't think he's been that bad today. Most of his possessions have been in the middle of packs. A few players aren't very clean with the ball today. Towers is one culprit, Newman another, while Jones has mixed some good "taking the game on" with some overly ambitious plays that have turned the ball over.
    Hayward too. As much as he does some good things he fumbles and drops some crucial basic marks that either put us under pressure or turn it over! He as a rule is a decent mark for his height so he really needs to get that out of his game to get to the next level.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast