Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V Adelaide

I wouldnt be unhappy for Will to stay in ones. He does some really good things and theres no doubting his effort. I guess I saw something in Riley in the one JLT he played would love to see him get an opportunity (dont worry team, I�m in no way connected to younf Stoddart!).

I am happy for hayward to stay in the team. He had a really good game against gws. He won't be on fire every week. But over the course of the season will probably be one of our top goalscorers.

I like his forward instincts. With potentially reid and rohan not playing I prefer a natural forward rather than replacing him with a midfielder.

I think there will be minimal changes this week. I don't think anyone in the twos is knocking the door off its hinges yet. If Gaz makes himself available, I think he will come in for Newman who was disappointing on the weekend.

I'd keep in Newman over Cunningham. Fail to see what Cunningham contributes. Newman and Jones are far better at his role.

Allir Allir, Newman out
    Fox, Ronke in

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I'd keep in Newman over Cunningham. Fail to see what Cunningham contributes. Newman and Jones are far better at his role.
    You mean apart from the excellent job he did in curtailing Lachie Hunter's output.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Apart from shutting down Hunter, he snapped goal and was in the thick of it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I would have thought that the main thing to have come out of the Bulldogs game is that we must have an alternative forward marking target to allow Franklin to roam. If he plays as a static forward, he's much easier to double-team, plus we lose out on his intimidating round-the-ground play. When you watch him live (as opposed to TV) you realise just how much the opposition @@@@ themselves when he runs at the ball.
    With that in mind, Cameron seems the best option to come into the seniors in place of Aliir. Aliir looked seriously underdone on Saturday, and will have done his confidence no good at all. Plus, he's a natural defender - he kept wanting to plug holes rather than find space. Cameron is a better mark then Aliir, and he seems quite at home when he takes a rotation in the forward 50. And if Cameron takes the odd stint in the ruck, it gives Sinclair the chance to go forward and be the marking target.

Quote Originally Posted by chammond View Post
    I would have thought that the main thing to have come out of the Bulldogs game is that we must have an alternative forward marking target to allow Franklin to roam. If he plays as a static forward, he's much easier to double-team, plus we lose out on his intimidating round-the-ground play. When you watch him live (as opposed to TV) you realise just how much the opposition @@@@ themselves when he runs at the ball.
    With that in mind, Cameron seems the best option to come into the seniors in place of Aliir. Aliir looked seriously underdone on Saturday, and will have done his confidence no good at all. Plus, he's a natural defender - he kept wanting to plug holes rather than find space. Cameron is a better mark then Aliir, and he seems quite at home when he takes a rotation in the forward 50. And if Cameron takes the odd stint in the ruck, it gives Sinclair the chance to go forward and be the marking target.
    I agree that we need a second tall forward, and it isn't Aliir. It doesn't reflect that well on Cameron that Aliir was chosen over him. If Rohan returns does he play tall enough for that role, I'd have thought not. In which case we have a lack of depth. McCartin not ready yet? How far away is Dawson?

I agree with the line of thought having another target in the forward 50. Unfortunately, Cameron has had a slow start to the year. Relatively unimpressive in JLT then (imo) soundly beaten by Simpson and Flynn in the GWS NEAFL game. Against lions, did ok but was shaded by Smith and Mcinerney. I think there�s no obvious tall to come in and it might be that we will have no choice but to have a Richmond like setup. At least until Dawson is fit again although he would be a third tall under normal circumstances. McCartain looks promising, as does Amartey but they might get schooled by an AFL standard key defender. But both are certainly holding their own in NEAFL.
    Last edited by Ralph Dawg; 16th April 2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Adding to post

Give Aliir a break. He's spent the last twelve months busting a gut to get back into the 22.

I think they need to name ruthless again... and maybe give him a little more game time.
    We need percentage.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast