Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V Adelaide

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Will Sloane even make the trip though? He looked pretty unfit from the little bit I saw on the weekend...
    I agree. Sloane looked very sore. And even if he plays won�t impac enough to warrant a tag. I think Hewitt should tag Laird. laird has been in everything for the crows this year and it will also keep Hewitt in the forward half where he is actually quite capable of taking a mark and kicking a goal or two

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    He can choose to make himself available. But it's up to the club, not him, whether he plays seniors or two's.

If it were me, I wouldn't play I've had time to a) grieve and b) setup for a new baby, and if I did play I think the anomimity of the two's would be where I would start.
    I'm with you - personally playing in the twos would be a great way to get back into the routine without the high stress of an AFL game. But based on past history of the club picking Gary to play when no-one else would, I would say that if he makes himself available he will play firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I'm with you - personally playing in the twos would be a great way to get back into the routine without the high stress of an AFL game. But based on past history of the club picking Gary to play when no-one else would, I would say that if he makes himself available he will play firsts.
    I guess we�re all different. If it were me, I�d either not play or I�d commit fully and be ready to give it my all in the firsts. No half measures in elite sport. Whatever decision he makes, he will be supported even if that means he plays and has no possessions.

Anyone on the injury is an injury list too long, but we going into the next 3 important games in a better injury position than our next 3 opponents, Adelaide and Geelong.

Of our core players only Reid is a long term out. Melican looks to becoming back in the next couple of weeks. Aliir has started his comeback into our best 22. Rohan should be okay to go this week.

Adelaide are missing the Crouch brothers, Eddie Betts and Sam Gibson. Brodie Smith is out for the year. Rory Sloane is playing a bit injured. Taylor Walker is out of form. From last year's team, Bryce Gibbs comes into the side, but they lost Lever and Cameron in post season trades. The loss of Betts is particularly significant with Cameron also gone. Promising pressure small forward Lachlan Murphy missed last week and is in doubt this week as well.

Warming the Bench
    Aliir to play in defence against the Crows and will have a much better game than last week. Really his chance to cement a spot, would be great if both he and Melican can play in the same side

There�s suggestions The Pelican might get up to play and it feels like Rohan will return, so I�m thinking they�ll come in and Newman, Aliir will go out.

Veterans List
    Not sure where this goes but Heeney & Mills were on AFL360 tonight.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    One of the footy podcasts this week mentioned the Tex may have plantar fasciitis but is unwilling to go for surgery...
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    One of the footy podcasts this week mentioned the Tex may have plantar fasciitis but is unwilling to go for surgery...
    I've had that. Nasty. Took nearly 6 months to get over it.
    I don't think surgery is very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Not sure where this goes but Heeney & Mills were on AFL360 tonight.
    I saw it. They are such a cute couple. Can't wait for the Ollie & Will Show.

Warming the Bench
    As mentioned it's probably a good time to play the Crows. Their forward line is not working well. Walker injured and down on form, Jenkins down on form, Betts not playing well (just quietly, I think Eddie's star is on the wane. Sloane injured, The Crouch Bros injured.

I can't see too many changes for the Swans but we'll need 2 tall defenders - Reg and AA. I think AA needs more game time as a defender. Hard to say whether Gary Rohan comes back in.

So for me it's

Smith Grundy Newman
    Rampe Aliir Mills

Lloyd Heeney Hannebery
    Sinclair JPK Parker

Hewett Franklin Jack
    Papley Towers Rohan?

int Jones, McVeigh, Cunningham, Florent (Hayward if Rohan doesn't play)

Go Swannies

Well, it seems that it's going to rain tomorrow.
    Hope they bring dry hands.
    And ruthless.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast