Ruthless is injured!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Marsh and rohan for Aliir and Newman

Strange.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Strange.
    Marsh knocked down the door and deserves his spot. Useful player who has always held his own when playing in the ones.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    With Sloane out the Crows will be missing 3 of their best inside midfielders (Crouch x2 being the other two). Imagine the Swans missing Kennedy, Parker and Heeney. We should have the advantage in this area

Veteran Site Admin
    Not sure I agree the changes are strange. I thought it was stranger to bring in Aliir last week and then not to play him where he's most comfortable.

Rohan was always going to come into the side if he made himself available. And I agree with BF above that Marsh deserves his spot. I thought he'd come in last week ahead of Newman, but it makes even more sense this week given he plays taller than Newman.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I'm more in the camp that Aliir needs to be given time to find form at NEAFL level. He's a great prospect but needs to rediscover his 2016 form. I think if we want to tighten our defence for the Crows bring in Marsh for Newman - he's a tad taller and offers more defensively (and less offensively). If we're not willing to play Marsh, then he should be delisted at season's end (which, I have to say, is on the cards subject to how the season unfolds). If Rohan's unavailable and they're thinking of using Aliir forward again, they might almost give McCartin a go ahead of Aliir. McCartin has the work-rate and competitiveness for that type of a role and can make a contest, bring the ball to ground and apply pressure even if he isn't a huge goal scoring threat. But hopefully Rohan just comes back into the side, which I think is most likely given the game is at home.
    I�m delighted to see they�re going to reward Marsh for his consistent NEAFL form. He won�t set the world on fire but hopefully he�ll play his role.

No surprises to see Rohan back in but good news just the same.

Veterans List
    Even with their injuries we can't take them lightly. Look what happened last year twice against the Hawks.

I checked BOM and it says 3-8mm but mostly in the morning. No fumbling please...We want clean hands.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Strange.
    I'm assuming the "strange" is a reference to a few of the match ups these changes seem to suggest. While we know their nonsense, afl.com has the match ups including Jenkins on Smith, Mills on Lynch and Lloyd on Ottens. We seem to be at least one tall defender shy. If it comes down back as often as it did last week, it could be a painful night. Here's hoping their hollowed out midfield doesn't allow that.

Veterans List
    In: Rohan, Marsh.

Out: Allir, Newman.

Whoops. Tad late.

I find the Allir out, Marsh in, a bit strange. Sure, Marsh's form has been great in the two's but if Allir is ok, wouldn't it make sense to just move him to the backline (where he should have been played last week....what a wasted 'in' that was) instead of dropping him? If it was for poor form, it was the coaches who set him up to fail. He's not a forward! He must be a little confused with all of this.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 19th April 2018 at 07:51 PM.

Veterans List
    Sloane is on the plane but not playing. Crows are seriously down on key personnel, we should win this and comfortably.

They do have a tall forward line, we're giving away 4-5 cms in a number of contests.
    Last edited by 707; 19th April 2018 at 07:55 PM.

I'm fine with Marsh coming into the side, but I would have also kept Aliir and dropped Hayward. Adelaide are going into the game with 5 tall forwards. If the conditions are dry, we could be exposed for height. If it's wet, it probably doesn't matter that much. It would have been a good opportunity to give Mills some midfield time. Now he will certainly be tied up with a tall forward to cover.

Marsh has made steady progress over the course and should get some opportunities to show if he can hold a spot in senior side. He has all the tools to be a good player. His decision making, especially under pressure, is the question mark. Best way to improve in that area is to play senior footy. I hope he does well. I would like for him to stay on our list. Prefer him to Robinson or Rose.