Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    McGovern will the tricky matchup, he has a great leap and caused us problems in our last meeting in R22 last year and finished with 4 goals. I think Melican had the matchup that night and it was probably the only time he was truly beaten that season.

Lynch leads up the ground more than the other tall forwards and for that reason I can't see Mills starting on him as we prefer Callum to be back inside 50 when defending. So I'm predicting Mills-McGovern and Marsh-Lynch.
    I remember McGovern marking everything in that game. Melican is a big out as we only have one truly tall defender in Reg. Not playing Aliir in this of all games means he really isn't ready to hold down a key defensive post YET.

Maybe they are banking on the ball not coming into our defensive 50? That might explain Hanners comments earlier this week http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...help-hannebery

Dan Hannebery has urged his teammates to make sure they are providing assistance for the defenders. Sydney star Dan Hannebery has called on the rest of his teammates to better support the Swans' defenders for Friday's clash with an embattled Adelaide... Sydney conceded 60 inside 50s in their seven-point win over the Western Bulldogs. Despite having a 3-1 record, the Swans haven't once this season had more inside 50s than their opponent, finishing even in one game and behind in the other three, with the margin against the Bulldogs alarmingly wide (60-42).

"You don't want to be giving your defence 60 inside 50s to defend every week, so we'd like to be defending a bit further up the ground and not allowing it to happen," Hannebery said.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    McGovern will the tricky matchup, he has a great leap and caused us problems in our last meeting in R22 last year and finished with 4 goals. I think Melican had the matchup that night and it was probably the only time he was truly beaten that season.

Lynch leads up the ground more than the other tall forwards and for that reason I can't see Mills starting on him as we prefer Callum to be back inside 50 when defending. So I'm predicting Mills-McGovern and Marsh-Lynch.
    I forgot about McGovern - he will be a tricky matchup. Tex, Jenkins, Lynch and McGovern - but no Aliir - must have kicked the coaches dog . First game back, played out of position; pretty hard to gauge where he's at.

Tall forward lines haven't been bothering shorter defences all that much this year, so maybe this influenced the decision not to play Aliir. They wanted to just add one tall defender and Marsh is in better form than Aliir right now. I'm still not sure why tall forward lines have been less effective this year. It's something to keep an eye on throughout the season.

Weather is good, but gee the ground is looking a bit shabby, particularly for so early in the season. Too hot, maybe?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No changes for both team

Florent Towers Hewett Marsh our starting bench

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789