Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 5 Weekly Discussion Thread

And Geelong looking very good over in Adelaide. H�mmm next week will be tough going for the Swans.

Veterans List
    Dogs are stuffed in the West. 10 goals down well into last quarter. Cats very impressive tonight, they seem to have the wood over Port. One observation so far is that it is a low scoring round. No scores over 100 yet, although Freo will probably crack that tonight......

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Lindsay Thomas first game for Port, first goal for Port, first time reported playing for Port. He can�t keep out of trouble!
    Lindsay is just misunderstood, as Brad Scott reminded us repeatedly, before delisting him.

Still feels odd that we don't always get Saturday night games on free to air in Sydney now. By all accounts the Port-Cats game was a pretty physical affair, so that will either benefit us or they'll hit us with the same!

Not too excited by the rest of the weekend games, Anzac Day eve could be OK if the Demons show up for it.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    And that late Gowers goal keeps us in the Top 8 (just!) but we're likely to lose that spot by the conclusion of the round.

I watched the Saints/Giants game and enjoyed it. The skill level was not great by either side but it was a contest with 2 evenly matched teams (on the day).
    Much preferred that to a one sided game with one team winning by 60+ points (unless it is us doing the winning of course). Am I alone in this view?

Veterans List
    If you're an impartial observer you want a close game, if it's a Swans game you want a thumping win to us.

GWS are an interesting study, so much talent but don't like doing the 1%ers, downhill skiers. If this doesn't change, the clearly best list ever may not win a flag.

Over in the west Ross Lyon's rewire, restump actually appears to be going ok.

Fascinating round, fascinating results - unfortunately for us!

The thing that fascinates me about GWS is that their best players on the weekend were (i think) all taken from other clubs and not draft picks

Veterans List
    North 7 goals to Hawks 2 in the first quarter. Wow! I just heard Brian Taylor come out with one of the best pieces of 'observational comedy' just a minute or so ago. "He is highly respected by all the players is Matt Stevic". I highly doubt he is respected by any of our players thank you BT.......you knob.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 22nd April 2018 at 05:34 PM.

North by 57 at half. I hope Horse is watching. How to beat Hawthorn 101.

Veterans List
    North by 57 pts at half time, what the? Toying with Hawthorn basically. Mitchell 11 possessions so far. Strange season indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    North by 57 at half. I hope Horse is watching. How to beat Hawthorn 101.
    But now a new worry: How do we beat North Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    But now a new worry: How do we beat North Melbourne?
    Simples! Kick more goals.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast