Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 5 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 5 Weekly Discussion Thread

Some great games during this weeks round. Tomorrow night of course.....we should win, Power v Cats and maybe Dockers v Dogs on Saturday, Q clash on Sunday could be interesting, Demons v Tigers on Monday and of course, the traditional Anzac Day clash. Match of the Round..........Swans v Crows. Have an enjoyable round......Go Swans!

After last week I'm not too hopeful of a great round of football. I suspect that tomorrow night will not be a pretty affair, or particularly close (Swans should win comfortably in a wet, scrappy game).

Essendon vs Collingwood is the most intriguing game for me. Which, if any, of those two teams will turn up to play?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/edd...3235ac7b8c1ab8

I�m not sure where to post this but I found it interesting. I hope the same thing doesn�t happen to Gary tonight.

Veterans List
    They were just talking about babies and sleep on Fox Sports. Roos and Jonathan Brown were saying that players sleep was monitored.

Eddie said one of his players was down on form after having a baby that was sick and he had lack of sleep. He then spent 2 nights in a hotel and came out firing the next week. Apparently Sam Mitchell stayed in a hotel after his wife gave birth. Eddie said that the clubs should be hiring night nurses.

I hope Rohan has had enough sleep!

Rohan�s baby is still in hospital with Amie. I think Gary has been sleeping at home with Borris.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Exciting finish to the Saints-Giants game. Carlisle drops a mark near the end that would have given him a kickable set shot inside 50.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Exciting finish to the Saints-Giants game. Carlisle drops a mark near the end that would have given him a kickable set shot inside 50.
    Kick came in too high, Carlisle (and whoever kicked the ball in) almost certainly exhausted and great piece of defending by Davis. But yes, you would back Carlisle to have kicked at least a point (and win the match) had he been able to take the shot.

Veterans List
    Saints got back some respect today but yes, probably should have won it in the end. Good game. Carlton now attempting to do the same against the Eagles......get back some respect. Two points up well into 2nd quarter.

Veterans List
    Strange season continues....Cats pretty much in control against Port at the Adelaide Oval. Blues maybe got a bit of respect back against Eagles earlier this afternoon. They'll probably get trounced next week. ......and Dockers leading Dogs early. I'll take a Dockers win there.

Lindsay Thomas reported again for a bump gone wrong. No surprises!

Lindsay Thomas first game for Port, first goal for Port, first time reported playing for Port. He can�t keep out of trouble!

Freo giving our opponents from last week a nice old touch up. Big Sandilands dominating the young ruck English and giving their midfield a huge advantage in the clearances and inside 50s.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast