Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 5, Sydney Swans v Adelaide Crows, 7:50pm 20/04 SCG @sydneyswans #AFLSwansCrows

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Never suggested he would of made a big difference, all i was saying was we need another tall up forward to give some structure in the forward line. Buddy cant do it all.
    Tall is different to tall and effective. Little evidence at the moment that Aliir is in the latter category

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I think we currently have the worse mid fieldin the AFL. Kennedy, Parker and Hannebury look like old men trying to play a young man's game. So bloody slow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Codswallop. An off night does not a season make

Opti-pessi-misti
    I think it was another case of the opposing coach/team knowing our game plan, exactly how we will play and just working out a plan to counter it and executing it. We managed to play 'our' way for about one quarter. We have so many small players - Jack, Paps, Florent, Jones, Hanners, then Macca, Lloyd, Cunningham, Parks plus those like Hayward who can't t make their tackles stick or take contested marks against bigger or stronger opponents.

Senior Player
    Just too many players off their game tonight. And then a collective confidence failure as the game wore on. At least a few had a crack until the end. Let�s hope it�s just one of those off-night aberrations.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I said it then, and I'll say it again. I would have been prepared to sacrifice any of our other gun midfielders to keep Mitchell. Getting pick 13 in return for a 21 y.o. who will be a 6-7 time all Australian and a probable Brownlow medalist is a joke. In a few years our midfield will be old. That wouldn't have been an issue if we had Mitchell.
    Yeah but it came down to when contracts expired. Just bad timing. An earlier contract extension for Mitchell (like we have done for so many of our recent young draftees) before his stocks rose, might have helped. If that had happened, he might have come out of contract this year when Tippett�s retirement opened up more cap space for another renewal. But it didn�t happen that way. We lost him. All we could hope for might be that Tom does an Ablett (or a Capper or a Paul Hawke or any other number of guys who leave a club and return later).

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    I thought that Heeney go this foot onto that Rohan kick. If so it should have been a goal.
    I agree - seemed obvious yet they didn't seem interested in replaying that bit. Talk about tunnel vision.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

I said it then, and I'll say it again. I would have been prepared to sacrifice any of our other gun midfielders to keep Mitchell. Getting pick 13 in return for a 21 y.o. who will be a 6-7 time all Australian and a probable Brownlow medalist is a joke. In a few years our midfield will be old. That wouldn't have been an issue if we had Mitchell.
    It was pick 14 and Mitchell was 23 at time. Mitchell playing well doesn't explain why Kennedy is playing poorly.

Coming off a 6 day break and playing against a team with a 7 day break seems to make a significant difference, like Adelaide's lethargic big loss to Collingwood last Friday night.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 21st April 2018 at 12:46 AM.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    I like Marsh as a player. I think he should have played the 2016 G F with Mills not match fit. I would like to see him get more games even when Melican comes back. I prefer Marsh and Melican to Aliir.
    I like him as a piece of outdoor furniture, and also as a kitchen spatula.

That said, I also thought he played pretty well tonight. "As a player" is just one of my pet hates.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I like him as a piece of outdoor furniture, and also as a kitchen spatula.

That said, I also thought he played pretty well tonight. "As a player" is just one of my pet hates.
    Fair enough. I got a laugh out of your comments.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I think it was another case of the opposing coach/team knowing our game plan, exactly how we will play and just working out a plan to counter it and executing it. We managed to play 'our' way for about one quarter. We have so many small players - Jack, Paps, Florent, Jones, Hanners, then Macca, Lloyd, Cunningham, Parks plus those like Hayward who can't t make their tackles stick or take contested marks against bigger or stronger opponents.
    Yes, we look like boys against men at times. Very little real explosive strength.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I'm pretty much just saying Clarkson is a better coach than Horse......which seems a fact. Varying adaptive gameplans, his players 'getting' the message, his players carrying it out......instinctively. We are way off that at the moment. Meanwhile, the next Hawk dynasty is unfolding before our eyes. Pointless? I don't think so......
    Why don't you go and barrack for the Hawks then.

Regular in the Side
    I thought that Heeney go this foot onto that Rohan kick. If so it should have been a goal.
    When I saw it I thought it might of but i'm sure if it did he would have been telling the ump when they did the review.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I agree - seemed obvious yet they didn't seem interested in replaying that bit. Talk about tunnel vision.
    An after match replay showed he wasn't near it.