Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caro on Goodes

Caro on Goodes

She reports that two documentaries on the appalling treatment of Goodsey are in the pipeline.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Thanks for posting this very good article and interesting info re the two docos under way.

I hope at least one of these explains the background to Adam�s indigenous dance re its development by the youth indigenous football team the Flying Boomerangs, which got lost in the furore. And explains he was mimicking throwing a boomerang (as you would expect in a dance developed by the Flying Boomerangs) NOT a spear as is always reported.

That Adam Goodes war cry used a boomerang not a spear: choreographer | NITV

There is also an article in the Age about this, but I was shaken a bit when I read this toward to the end of the article:

.....Goodes will almost certainly be indicted.....

I said to myself "Oh no!" I was worried that we would be visiting Goodsey in prison.

Here's the article: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...20-p4zapq.html

One of Gill s great failings. For perspective, some are calling for the rugby CEO to resign after folau posted an anti gay tweet.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    She reports that two documentaries on the appalling treatment of Goodsey are in the pipeline.
    Great article. Caro is spot on.....but don't read the comments, most are just infuriating. The 'casual' racists of Australia just never give up.......

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    One of Gill s great failings. For perspective, some are calling for the rugby CEO to resign after folau posted an anti gay tweet.
    Gillon the Eunuch and his puppetmaster, the loathsome Fitzpatrick, really revealed their true colours during that period. I can't abide either of them, and will never be able to.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Great article. Caro is spot on.....but don't read the comments, most are just infuriating. The 'casual' racists of Australia just never give up.......
    Reading the article reminds me of the great anger and disgust I felt at the time. I have zero tolerance for those who suggested that there were other factors associated with the booing. It was pure 100% nasty, disrespectful racism.

My biggest regret in 2015 was not to stand up to those I knew personally such as some of my Western Australian in-laws, several of whom were attacking Adam and defending the booing. 2015 was personally a very emotional year for me, my beloved wife, (who was also my mother-in-law�s daughter), died in the June. Perhaps it was wise to then keep my counsel and remain diplomatic with the WA members of her family. Emotions were very raw.

Now in 2018 I cannot no longer sustain such expressions of calm tolerance. If the subject is raised again I will not hold back. Adam Goodes is a great Australian, a worthy Australian of the Year. The AFL as well as the Hawthorn and West Coast Football Clubs should hang their heads in deep shame for their pathetic inaction in 2015. ,

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Reading the article reminds me of the great anger and disgust I felt at the time. I have zero tolerance for those who suggested that there were other factors associated with the booing. It was pure 100% nasty, disrespectful racism.

My biggest regret in 2015 was not to stand up to those I knew personally such as some of my Western Australian in-laws, several of whom were attacking Adam and defending the booing. 2015 was personally a very emotional year for me, my beloved wife, (who was also my mother-in-law�s daughter), died in the June. Perhaps it was wise to then keep my counsel and remain diplomatic with the WA members of her family. Emotions were very raw.

Now in 2018 I cannot no longer sustain such expressions of calm tolerance. If the subject is raised again I will not hold back. Adam Goodes is a great Australian, a worthy Australian of the Year. The AFL as well as the Hawthorn and West Coast Football Clubs should hang their heads in deep shame for their pathetic inaction in 2015. ,
    I was very touched by your comments top40, and am inclined to think that reserve was the best approach in your very troubled position. I wish you well for the future.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

It still breaks my heart to re-visit this. I'm a little teary reading the article and the comments STILL saying he bought it upon himself.
    The only thing he did was use his position to say that racism stops with him. Well, it stops with me too, Addie.
    I'm so ashamed of the way he was treated. I'm still so upset that we weren't able to say our proper and fitting goodbyes.
    I look forward to the Hall of Fame dinner next year.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I was very touched by your comments top40, and am inclined to think that reserve was the best approach in your very troubled position. I wish you well for the future.
    I'd like to second that. It's very sad that you have lost your partner, and also sad that it happened during the most shameful year of australian football in my memory. I suppose if we wished to dissect it, football is orchestrated, not exactly real life, but it does have the potential to give you a lift, when going through tough times. That wasn't the case in 2015.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Warming the Bench

Adam Goodes documentary

Caroline Wilson on the radio on Tuesday mention that there was going to be an Adam Goodes Documentary.
    Is this old news and I just haven't heard about it and if so does anyone no more about it or is it something new that is going to happen.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Caroline Wilson on the radio on Tuesday mention that there was going to be an Adam Goodes Documentary.
    Is this old news and I just haven't heard about it and if so does anyone no more about it or is it something new that is going to happen.
    I believe there are two in the works. One is Netflix and the other is Australian - both dealing with the racism in his treatment I understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast