Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Geelong

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    No point in us playing Cameron if he's not AFL standard.
    There is only one way to find out.......
    Last edited by liz; 25th April 2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting

I think this could be a season where we could squeeze into the finals as well as having a look at and give experience to our younger players.

But i am not sure there will be much patience on the messageboards if they have quiet games. Most weeks florent and hayward are viewed as not making much of an impact.

I think that Florent has really improved this year and had impact in some games. Haywood has been more up and down with probably only one good performance so far. The reality for us is that we need to become less reliant on the same faces to win us games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I think this could be a season where we could squeeze into the finals as well as having a look at and give experience to our younger players.

But i am not sure there will be much patience on the messageboards if they have quiet games. Most weeks florent and hayward are viewed as not making much of an impact.

A lot of posters on here have very little patience after being spoilt for success over the last 15-20 years. A little pain could be character building.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    A lot of posters on here have very little patience after being spoilt for success over the last 15-20 years. A little pain could be character building.
    As a Swans supporter for around 35 years or so I have experienced �pain� and can�t say it did a great deal for my character ????
    I have always been patient and constantly look for positives about our team however considering the quality of our list during the period you mention I don�t believe two flags qualifies as spoilt for success . Realistically we should have had four flags as a fair reflection on the teams assembled over that time.
    FWIW in my opinion the next five weeks will define our season win three and we are well placed for a finals run .
    After all we are only one win from third spot on the ladder (although one more loss and we would be in thirteenth place)
    Let�s roll the dice and see what some of our fringe players can do when given a chance. Show some patience with the newbies and remember the journey that players like Lloyd,Jones and in particular Towers undertook before becoming important cogs in the team.
    Give AA a chance to settle back into the side and grow his confidence as he was such a wildcard for us in 2016
    Last edited by Faunac8; 25th April 2018 at 09:02 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    As a Swans supporter for around 35 years or so I have experienced �pain� and can�t say it did a great deal for my character ????
    I have always been patient and constantly look for positives about our team however considering the quality of our list during the period you mention I don�t believe two flags qualifies as spoilt for success . Realistically we should have had four flags as a fair reflection on the teams assembled over that time.
    FWIW in my opinion the next five weeks will define our season win three and we are well placed for a finals run .
    After all we are only one win from third spot on the ladder (although one more loss and we would be in thirteenth place)
    Let�s roll the dice and see what some of our fringe players can do when given a chance. Show some patience with the newbies and remember the journey that players like Lloyd,Jones and in particular Towers undertook before becoming important cogs in the team.
    Give AA a chance to settle back into the side and grow his confidence as he was such a wildcard for us in 2016
    We are one of only four clubs that gave won multiple flags this century. During that time, we have
    missed the finals 3 times. Disappointing that we have lost 3 of the 5 grand finals we have been in but to say we should have won 4 out of 5 is a stretch. We have never had a super list in my opinion.Hawks kicked poorly for goal in 2012 and we played out of our skins. Their team had more talent as witnessed in 2014 even though we played on their home ground. The umpires hosed us a bit in 2016 but we were a bit disappointing that day even though again we had to play in opposition's home city. Compared to 75per cent of the comp, we have been wildly successful.

I have followed the red and white for around 55 years. The first twenty years saw one finals appearance if that puts my comments into some perspective.

Agree with you about showing patience with young players. Even season so who knows where we may end up.

Time to get back on point here....

OUT : Franklin, Hannebery

IN : Cameron, Ronke

Cameron hasn't shown much this season so far..but we need some kind of tall threat,he can take a mark and would work in tandem with Sinclair.

Ronke looks like a real goer...Send him out with one task....perhaps a run-with role.

Maybe time for Jack to go back to where it started...A tagging role.

There are plenty of Cats that need minding...Selwood, Dangerfield, Duncan..to name a few
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

In: Aliir, Cameron
    Out: Hannebery, Buddy

What about Melican?

In: Melican and Fox

People getting carried away with debutants. If they aren't banging down the door, they wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    You obviously didn't sit through 26 losing games in a row.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    In: Melican and Fox

People getting carried away with debutants. If they aren't banging down the door, they wait.
    Don�t they normal announce debutants well in advance? Makes me think there won�t be any

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast