Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Geelong

Regular in the Side
    The original wording on the AFL website said "Longmire admitted it might be multiple games". It has now been updated with potential in's and that line has been now left out. It did not appear on the Swans website.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Where have you read/heard multiple games? (Although I fear it might be right - both injuries are difficult to heal.)
    The article quotes Longmire saying as much.

Swans coach John Longmire said the pair could miss multiple matches.
    I think the team is capable of winning without Buddy but only if the rest of our top flight players are playing well. And recently they haven't been.

Heeney will probably need to spend more time forward than usual, which will rob us of his impact around the ground. Same probably true of Parker.

I suspect one of Cameron or McCartin will come into the team, regardless of whether they're ready. Or maybe Aliir comes in, not to play forward, but to play predominantly in the ruck (which he has a little more practice of at NEAFL level than he does playing forward), freeing Sinclair to spend more time in the forward line.

Regular in the Side
    Google has come good with the original wording.

AFL.com.au - Page Not Found
    "1 hour ago - Swans coach John Longmire said the pair could miss multiple matches. Franklin's issue arose after his side's round one win over West Coast at Optus Stadium, with Longmire admitting that the controversial surface in Perth played ... "We had the most amount of players we've (ever) had cramp in that game."

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Both Buddy and Hanners have been ruled out. Buddy with a bruised heel and Hanners with a groin issue.
    Just shoot me in the eye now.
    At least we won't be Buddy-centric.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Buddy's injury.......definitely the fault of that 'super' new stadium. Super my arse!

"Longmire admitted that the controversial surface in Perth played a part in the injury.

"I think that can be a reasonable conclusion to draw from that," he said on Tuesday.

"We had the most amount of players we've (ever) had cramp in that game.

"The feedback that we got was that it was pretty firm and our boys were pretty sore afterwards."

Explains the lethargic team performance against the Power.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Just shoot me in the eye now.
    At least we won't be Buddy-centric.
    For 'multiple matches' at least.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Maybe time to debut O'Riordan and move Mills up the ground.
    I'd like to see that. McCartin, Cameron or Aliiir in for Buddy. I hope we don't get the regular fill ins like Newman, Foote, Rose and Robinson but I don't hold much hope.

Something just doesn't smell right with me about Bud's injury. Apparently been an issue since Rnd1. Yet he hasn't shown any obvious outward signs of pain and now he is potentially going to miss multiple weeks. I maybe clutching at straws and I have no evidence what so ever but suspect there may be more to this. Maybe shoulder or ribs from previous week against dogs. Also I saw some worrying vision of Buddy in qtr time huddles last week, he seemed to be a million miles away. I remember thinking to myself that may explain some of his decision making. I'm hoping he is well in his mind.

Senior Player
    The thought about buddy and depression had crossed my mind too during last weeks game. I agree and hope all is well for him.

I think this is going to force the coach�s hand and play at least one new tall forward or maybe even two. I would like to see Cameron and Mccartin come although I suspect it will be Cameron and Aliir. We will see soon

Goes up to 11
    If we're going to play any debutants, I'd guess Ronke and Cameron would be the two most likely.

Veterans List
    If Melican is fit he's one in, if not it's two new players. Do we do something truly out of left field, Joel Amartey!

Let's go for a highly mobile forward structure? Tune in Thursday 6.25pm to see what masterstroke Horse pulls :-)

Senior Player
    This is a terrible position in one way but fascinating at the same time.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast