Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    This is a terrible position in one way but fascinating at the same time.
    Agreed aguy. Anything could happen. We could crumble or do pull a Crows over the Swans ala last week. Hope we uncover another unexpected gem in the process.

Warming the Bench
    We all knew Hanners was carrying an injury but not Buddy. The clubs keeps these things very quiet. We've become accustomed to having Buddy running around and winning games for us. What now? You'd think they would need a tall target in the forward line. Aliir or Cameron to come in. From what i've read on here Cameron to get the nod and debut. However, the MC seems to err on the side of caution so it might be Towers at CHF and Rohan at FF. Will Gary play though - it's an away game? Not having a tall target like Buddy might mean a change of game plan. Hopefully, they'll be more concerned about retaining possession rather than 'just kick it to Buddy'

To replace Hannebery- Newman, Fox, Robinson or maybe a debutant. I think Newman will get the nod and play flanker/forward.

Joel Duckwood is appealing his ban - i hope it's unsuccessfull. It might make Geelong less likely to start Dangerfield in the forward line.

Disappointing to hear about injuries to Hanners and Buddy and what is even more mystifying is that we played them injured over the past few weeks. Poor judgment by MC and medical team. Allir, Melican and Newman in for Buddy, Hanners and Hayward. Mills to play further up the ground and Newman to HBF. No talls left in the forward line, so I would play Grundy deep forward with Allir and Melican key backs. Towers and Rohan to play as higher forwards,

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Disappointing to hear about injuries to Hanners and Buddy and what is even more mystifying is that we played them injured over the past few weeks. Poor judgment by MC and medical team. Allir, Melican and Newman in for Buddy, Hanners and Hayward. Mills to play further up the ground and Newman to HBF. No talls left in the forward line, so I would play Grundy deep forward with Allir and Melican key backs. Towers and Rohan to play as higher forwards,
    Hanners groin injury is a fresh one, unrelated to the earlier one apparently, picked up during the Crows game. I think Buddy was doing a pretty good job of playing injured / leading the Coleman etc, but he has been getting worse and now they can't play him. I would imagine if Reid had not got injured they might have given him a spell sooner. Still it means opportunity for other young forwards.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Both Buddy and Hanners have been ruled out. Buddy with a bruised heel and Hanners with a groin issue.
    Hard to see this as anything other than very bad news, given our current forward structure. Cycle Sinclair + Towers between ruck and forward, or put one of them forward, or debut a tall forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Something just doesn't smell right with me about Bud's injury. Apparently been an issue since Rnd1. Yet he hasn't shown any obvious outward signs of pain and now he is potentially going to miss multiple weeks. I maybe clutching at straws and I have no evidence what so ever but suspect there may be more to this. Maybe shoulder or ribs from previous week against dogs. Also I saw some worrying vision of Buddy in qtr time huddles last week, he seemed to be a million miles away. I remember thinking to myself that may explain some of his decision making. I'm hoping he is well in his mind.
    Ever tried to play multiple weeks of footy with pain killers to an injured area? It takes a toll on the area. Might seem ok to start, but gets continually worse.
    Long bow to draw on his metal state, and irrelevant to his decision making.

Why oh why is Dawson injured? This would be the perfect opportunity for him to get another go in the seniors.

22 fit bods on the Park, that�ll do me.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The one good thing that might come out of this bad news is that it will surely release some of the expectation pressure on the players. Yes, they will feel the need to contribute, as we would expect, but they will go in as underdogs, probably for the next few weeks. Personally I feel a sense of relief about the situation and will be happy to see them do their best regardless of outcomes for the time being.

It would be enough for me to unearth a bit of talent that might otherwise not have got a guernsey, and I'd love to see them make the most of it without overthinking the event.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The one good thing that might come out of this bad news is that it will surely release some of the expectation pressure on the players. Yes, they will feel the need to contribute, as we would expect, but they will go in as underdogs, probably for the next few weeks. Personally I feel a sense of relief about the situation and will be happy to see them do their best regardless of outcomes for the time being.

It would be enough for me to unearth a bit of talent that might otherwise not have got a guernsey, and I'd love to see them make the most of it without overthinking the event.
    +1 and we are 3-2 not 0-5
    Swans travel best when they fly under the radar

Having watched Hannebery closely for the last 2 yrs, it is clear his groins are giving him grief. He can�t run like he used to and his kicking has been atrocious. Let him rest until after the bye to give him a chance to recover. Medical guys should make the call and not Hanners as he will put his hand up every time to play. I�ve had the osteo groin issue and it is debilitating

I think Melican ( if fit) and Allir in , Allir rucks 50% with Sinclair and towers splitting the rest and swapping up forward. Heeney and Parker more forward time and Mills more midfield. A forward line with Rohan, Heeney/paRker and Towers/ Sinclair doesn�t sound to bad to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast