Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Player Injury & Availability Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I suspect the lack of news about Reid is just because there is a lack of news. He's still some way off in a fairly lengthy rehab programme and they are no closer to knowing when he'll be ready to go.

There's no secrecy on Melican. They've already said he might be ready to return this weekend, and if not, almost certainly the week after. They also said that Dawson isn't far behind and will be back playing either next weekend or the weekend after.

I'm also with CTS re the Buddy situation. There's no reason to say early in the week that he won't play if that's what they honestly believed. As you suggest, ticket sales aren't helped by his absence so why deliberately try to slow them? And there was no evidence from the game that he was played - to boost attendances - when he wasn't fit to play.
    I'm not sure the coaching team really considers crowd numbers when playing deceptive games with player inclusions/exclusions.
    Nor should they.
    Nor should we be upset if they choose to do so.
    Part and parcel of 'playing the game'
    But there is no reason to call the Swans out on 'playing games' given recent history.
    Particularly against Freo who have been average at best this year.
    I'm OK with the Swans playing games with payers for advantage as a general rule though.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    So disappointed to have not seen Dawson this year. Can someone confirm what his injury is and when he is due back?
    Harley talks about Dawson near end of this week�s injury update. He�s had �a wretched run with soft tissue injuries�, now back training and near end of rehab, hope he will play in NEAFL in two to three weeks with aim of building up fitness and a return to senior team in the future.

HCF Injury Update - 22nd May, 2018 - sydneyswans.com.au

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    So disappointed to have not seen Dawson this year. Can someone confirm what his injury is and when he is due back?
    Quad.....still 4 weeks away according to Swans website.

Mills out for the rest of the season with a broken foot??

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    yuck. Dreadful news.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Swannies players shouldn't be let out of the SCG during the season ( ). First Rampe broken arm then Mills broken foot.

Veterans List
    Just read on the swans app that Melican has injured his other hamstring and will be another 2 weeks!

Mills had successful surgery on his foot.

Alex Johnson will be playing in the NEAFL which is excellent news.

And in even better news Reid will be joining the main training group this week. Harley said he will be aiming to play after the bye. So no more 6-8 weeks!

Senior Player
    Toby Pink not mentioned but off the AFL injury list.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Any mention of Dawson?

Major bummer about Melican. Good for Marsh and, potentially, Aliir except he can�t seem to get his act together at the moment. Also Maibaum although I haven�t yet had the sense he�s on the cusp of senior selection. He hasn�t been mentioned especially in dispatches and nor has he been featured among the �bests� in the NEAFL in the past couple of weeks.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Any mention of Dawson?
    Yep. May be back playing NEAFL this Friday, or if not, the following week.

Watched Harley�s injury video and heard that Mills has broken his 5th metatarsal. �Oh� I thought, �that�s good, doesn�t sound too bad�.

Then I read this article about the long, complicated recovery of Manuel Neuer of the German national soccer team as he attempts to be fit for the World Cup in Russia. ??

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.co...haft-world-cup

By the way, from the photo of Mills� foot on his Instagram site, he�s broken his right foot (unless the doctor transplanted his big toe during the surgery ????).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Watched Harley�s injury video and heard that Mills has broken his 5th metatarsal. �Oh� I thought, �that�s good, doesn�t sound too bad�.

Then I read this article about the long, complicated recovery of Manuel Neuer of the German national soccer team as he attempts to be fit for the World Cup in Russia. ??

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.co...haft-world-cup

By the way, from the photo of Mills� foot on his Instagram site, he�s broken his right foot (unless the doctor transplanted his big toe during the surgery ????).
    Am I missing something or has he taken it down?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast