Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Player Injury & Availability Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Am I missing something or has he taken it down?
    It�s in the video up the top (in the circle).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    It�s in the video up the top (in the circle).
    Ah yes, thanks.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Interesting article in The Age by Chris Judd on where Dan Hannebery is:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...04-p4zjdk.html

This makes sense to me, and I'm inclined to agree that Hanners has come back too soon and needs further rest and/or treatment. I believe there is still good football in him but he needs to adjust the way he goes about it. I hope the medical staff can do more with him because he looks as if he needs it. A properly healed and refreshed Hannebery still has a lot to offer.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

This makes sense to me, and I'm inclined to agree that Hanners has come back too soon and needs further rest and/or treatment. I believe there is still good football in him but he needs to adjust the way he goes about it. I hope the medical staff can do more with him because he looks as if he needs it. A properly healed and refreshed Hannebery still has a lot to offer.

You would think Swans medical staff are across all his issues. Judd may be right but I'm prepared to give him a few more weeks to come back to his best. He was reasonable against Brisbane and had a tag v Blues. Would be a big bonus if it happened.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    You would think Swans medical staff are across all his issues.
    This.

Judd's comments are well-intentioned but the Swans medical staff are closer to the issue and must be better informed about what Hanners needs. Longmire made comments at the start of the season that the club was more interested in doing what was right for Hanners in the long term than rushing him back into the side so I think it's reasonable to deduce they think he's physically OK to play.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

Judd more often than not talks a lot of sense when he writes articles like this. It will certainly be a case of managing Hanners across the rest of his career and ensuring we can get the best out of him. Judd should be a good source of wisdom in this space, given the challenges with fitness he faced in the latter part of his career.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Gee that's bittersweet news. I've been waiting for JD to get fit and give himself a shot at seniors again. Was also hoping to see Ling burn up the opposition, but I guess we'll all have to wait for next year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Gee that's bittersweet news. I've been waiting for JD to get fit and give himself a shot at seniors again. Was also hoping to see Ling burn up the opposition, but I guess we'll all have to wait for next year.

May explain Ling's NEAFL performances if it he has been carrying it for a while.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    May explain Ling's NEAFL performances if it he has been carrying it for a while.
    Indeed. And maybe those concluding he was a dud on limited evidence were somewhat premature. IIRC, it was a foot injury of some description that curtailed his pre-season so it sounds like they tried to get him playing despite the injury but have now given up and decided to get him ready for next year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Indeed. And maybe those concluding he was a dud on limited evidence were somewhat premature. IIRC, it was a foot injury of some description that curtailed his pre-season so it sounds like they tried to get him playing despite the injury but have now given up and decided to get him ready for next year.
    That's pretty much what Harley said in the injury report. It's a turf toe he picked up over summer, wasn't getting better playing through it, they decided on surgery.

Pink Brown Dawson Foote could be available to play this weekend which would be a big addition to our NEAFL squad, with enough time left in the season to make an impact on senior selection.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast