Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 6, Swans vs Cats, 1:45pm 28/04 Kardinia Park #AFLCatsSwans

Holy @@@@ what a win ! Fox and ronke great inclusions ! Kennedy responds like an absolute champion does! McVeigh is winding back the clock this year. Sinkers epic last quarter! What a day !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been at work .... crossed the road to The Lord Nelson to watch the last quarter.
    I thought the Swans were bloody marvellous,

Great to see Kennedy's return to form, he has been the missing piece for us to start the season.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Gutsy for most of three quarters, blindingly good in the last. One of our great games and will pass into legend.

Standouts were Sinkers, Heens and JPK, but great teamwork all around.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Summary of RWO posts last week:

Swans are gone for the year.
    We have no depth
    Longmire is a dinosaur of a coach
    Longmire has no plan B

Predictions for RWO posts this week:
    Great to see the young mids stepping up
    Depth is good
    Longmire is a great coach
    Cameron puts his hand up in the NEAFL but who gets dropped from this team

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Been at work .... crossed the road to The Lord Nelson to watch the last quarter.
    I thought the Swans were bloody marvellous,
    Certainly managed to see the best quarter. The first was pretty good too, with plenty of tackling pressure. However, quarters two and three, were mainly notable for Stevic, reminding us all just why we despise him.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Well Horse, I doubt all that all of those who have been calling for your head on a pillow will thank you, but well done from me.

Match committee, who have been maligned a bit in the lead up to this one, given what you had to work with, good job.

Well done boys!
    I wonder where old mate from Wauchope is and Wolfie ?? Calling for Horses head??
    A great come back and, just in case you didn�t know, we were without Buddy and everything !!! ????????

Veterans List
    Clearances 51-33 to us, 85 tackles by us.....much better, free kicks 25-17 to them, hardly surprising......and we won overall disposals by 50, 369-319. Nice to see a healthy clearance win today......lets hope Kennedy has turned a corner and will not go missing ever again this season.

Veterans List
    We finally got things right. We went direct, didn't stuff around and went to another level of pressure. Long time since we have a lot more tackles than the opposition. We won the last 12 centre clearances of the match. It just shows how important that is to our game. We only have to win our fair share of them. Geelong's back line had nightmares. When it went in quick they panicked and fumbled. I''ll say it again; Harry Cunningham is reborn. He has found courage and coolness. Isn't it great to see our new star born. Ben Ronke was terrific. Another one Ludwig has got right.

15 Possessions, 7 tackles and 2 goals, the second being what could only be called a clutch goal. I love the way he plays on instinct and just goes for it. Can only get better. Looks the replacement for Jack, who by the way lifted brilliantly today, as did Kennedy. On that we are well and truly back in town. Faith has been restored.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Gutsy for most of three quarters, blindingly good in the last. One of our great games and will pass into legend.

Standouts were Sinkers, Heens and JPK, but great teamwork all around.
    Yes, Sinclair is really starting to grow on me. He seems to be relishing the challenge of being the number one ruckman. His tapwork may still be a bit erratic, but his contested possession and clearance work is very good. It could have been the sun in his eyes, but he seemed to be almost in tears at the end of the match, because the win meant so much to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Absolutely magnificent win!!

GO THE MIGHTY BLOODS!!!
    One for the ages. Great effort by the team and the coaches applauded them off.

GO YOU MIGHTY BLOODS

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Might want to re think that. 12 center clearances to 0 our way that quarter.
    Kennedy is a champion.
    In fairness, that comment was made around halftime & we got smashed in 2nd qtr. & they have been missing of late. Wonderful time to turn things around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast