Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 6, Swans vs Cats, 1:45pm 28/04 Kardinia Park #AFLCatsSwans

Veterans List
    Our last quarter goals, in order, were kicked by Fox, Jones, Hayward, Fox, Ronke, Florent and Hayward. Great to see the young players stepping up when it counts. Lots of positives out of today's game.

Senior Player
    Bloody great win! We really had not much hope at 3/4 time but gutsed it out.

Sinclair was fantastic the whole game, Kennedy dominated the last 1/4 - thankfully. So many good young blokes but have to mention Ronke on debut!

Fox, Heeney, Mills, et al.

Hayward is the keeper IMHO!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Our last quarter goals, in order, were kicked by Fox, Jones, Hayward, Fox, Ronke, Florent and Hayward. Great to see the young players stepping up when it counts. Lots of positives out of today's game.
    Much better game by Hayward. Maybe Fox's spot is forward. Stayed inside 50, really good forward pressure and good disposals for goals. When Buddy comes back we must have at least one other leading option and a small at the fall of the ball.

Ronke had a great first game.

Along with Kennedy, Sinkers, Jack, Parker and Jones. But in that last quarter I thought the Cats believed all that had to do was to run out, let that #%$#^@^%$ Stevic play his normal game and they would win.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Ronke had a great first game.

Along with Kennedy, Sinkers, Jack, Parker and Jones. But in that last quarter I thought the Cats believed all that had to do was to run out, let that #%$#^@^%$ Stevic play his normal game and they would win.
    Don't call Umpire Stevic that! You are praising him, he is much worse than that!

Veterans List
    I have just spoken, via message, to my eldest daughters fiance, a rabid Cats fan who was at the game with his Dad (I could have joined them, the family have four reserved seats for every Cats home game but I refused, thinking it could get ugly.....I regret that decision now!). He said that the Swans looked like they could have played four more quarters but his Cats were cooked at three quarter time and in the last "could hardly put one foot in front of the other".
    Last edited by stevoswan; 28th April 2018 at 07:01 PM.

Unbelieveable win
    Kennedy did what he does best when we need it

Sinclair awesome contested all day

I liked how excited Cox, Stevie J and Kirk were at the end. It made me think that there was really a Plan B by the coaching panel - and it worked!

Senior Player
    Sinclair played - easily - his best game for the Swans. Fantastic effort and influence

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, Sinclair is really starting to grow on me. He seems to be relishing the challenge of being the number one ruckman. His tapwork may still be a bit erratic, but his contested possession and clearance work is very good. It could have been the sun in his eyes, but he seemed to be almost in tears at the end of the match, because the win meant so much to him.
    His around the ground marking superb too, notably in the last. Clutch stuff from the big guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    What a win! I wasn't too confident after only kicking 1 goal in two quarters (& a lucky goal too).

Kennedy has his mojo back. What a last quarter. Sinclair was sensational. Hard to pick who was best on ground.

You could see how much that win meant to the club. The coaches were very excited. I loved seeing Stevie J's interaction at the end with Ronke. Even the reaction from Longmire you don't normally see and I thought the Kennedy bear hug when the players were coming into the rooms was very telling.

I know we won but if Franklin isn't ready next week then we need another marking option. Also hopefully Towers is back to help out Sinclair.

I can enjoy the rest of the weekend now ????.

Besides the great team win, the best part was shutting up Dwayne Russell. As someone said, BLOODY GREAT TEAM win

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast