Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 6, Swans vs Cats, 1:45pm 28/04 Kardinia Park #AFLCatsSwans

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Pretty sure Robinson was meant to be tagging Tuohy. Another interesting role was Mills on the wing, I assume he took over Hanners�s usual spot.
    Tuohy was actually pretty quiet for the game. At one point I saw Hewett on him but Hewett was also responsible for several of those final quarter centre clearances, so he probably swapped on and off Tuohy.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    My impression from watching the replay closely today was that Hewett was responsible for Selwood when he was in the midfield.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Ronke taking the mantle of the small forward off Papley as he rolls up the ground.
    Find your biggest black permanent marker, take the cap off it, and put a big mark thru Robinson. He's done.
    Yes Robinson'

AFL
    Career seems done. Marsh was ordinary also. Like Ronke'sdebut and Fox' s game. Ronke looks like he has serious pace. Does anyone know how fast he is in comparison to others?

R
    O

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Marsh was being zked to shut down a KPP about 10cm taller than him and did what he was asked.Not a bad game when you look at it.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Rohan was the key forward and was double teamed most of the game which made it tough for him.

But really, when you are the key target and you get outshone by newbies fox and ronke.....

A golden opportunity for him in coming games without buddy or Reid
    Agree with this - got beaten up by bigger defenders in the third quarter and did basically nothing. His CD stats were interesting - I know how you love those, barry.

First quarter: 6 (good)
    Second quarter: 0.5 (poor)
    Third quarter: -4 (ie. he helped the opposition more than he helped us - we would have been better off if he wasn't on the field)
    Fourth quarter: 4 (ok)

I missed the first half because I was out and the stupid PVR didn't work, but I thought those 3rd and 4th quarter stats were a pretty fair reflection of his game. We was good in the last and involved in a few key scores, including Hayward's sealer and I think one of Fox's where he worked the ball down the line to himself and kicked it inside 50.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Agree with this - got beaten up by bigger defenders in the third quarter and did basically nothing. His CD stats were interesting - I know how you love those, barry.

First quarter: 6 (good)
    Second quarter: 0.5 (poor)
    Third quarter: -4 (ie. he helped the opposition more than he helped us - we would have been better off if he wasn't on the field)
    Fourth quarter: 4 (ok)

I missed the first half because I was out and the stupid PVR didn't work, but I thought those 3rd and 4th quarter stats were a pretty fair reflection of his game. We was good in the last and involved in a few key scores, including Hayward's sealer and I think one of Fox's where he worked the ball down the line to himself and kicked it inside 50.
    Rohan does tend to contribute telling plays in the final quarter. I'm not sure whether that is his speed against tiring players, his mind clears and he just plays, or he's only clutch.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I totally agree on all points, particularly on Jones! Always tries to do too much and hardly ever takes the first, usually correct, option.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I actually mentioned Jones kicking after last weeks game.
    He lifts the ball up to high before dropping onto his boot.
    So it takes longer and he gets caught or its telegraphed and the kick is smothered

W.O.W.
    i love it when the swans make me eat loaded fries with my words.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    My take: Ronke belongs.
    C'mon Chels!

Long Term Injury List
    Oh my the brick bats come out fast in some people's homes!

All the players are obviously given a role to play. If it is to negate another player regardless of your own stats, so be it.

Rohan was our 'tall' forward, mostly double teamed and sometimes triple teamed. He still managed to continue his average of 9 (11 this game) disposals & 1 goal per game. The stats may show Rohan wasn't the only one beaten up in the 2nd & 3rd quarters. Reg was beaten on numerous occasions but there is no abuse of his game.

I wish you could sometimes just enjoy the game for what it was. A great win that no one expected, hoped for but not expected.

Senior Player
    Actually, my take part two, that last quarter needs to be our blueprint. No bombing down the line, no sitting it on the big man's head and hoping we get a throw in from it. Hit those short targets. Kick through the zone, then open up over the back. Worked a treat. The stat that was most telling, for mine, was when at a centre bounce late in the last quarter, they showed the uncontested marks differential; we were high 20s, Geelong was 4.

Oh, and Jack needs to be in and around the contest, not up forward. He is a terrible small forward.
    C'mon Chels!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I know this sounds crazy but are we a better team without buddy.

Subconsciously, when we are slowly bringing the ball out of defense, the easy ( safe) option is to kick it down the line to your tall marking target, but when you don't have one, you simply try harder to find a lead or player free.
    The stats do not back this up at all