Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 7 v North Melbourne

A couple of images of Stoddard in today's training pics: and he's wearing a red bib along with Rohan, Hewitt, Kennedy, Lloyd, Sinclair, Jones, Mills, Marsh, Hayward, Cunningham, Rampe, Heeney, Parker, Smith, Florent.

Robinson is in a yellow bib.

in: Stoddard on debut
    out: Robinson (to the knackers)

- - - Updated - - -

Admittedly there are some other photos in which Franklin, Cameron and what looks like the whole squad warming up in rd, and a handful in which Sinclair and Jack are also in yellow. However, there is a photo of Stoddard on his lonesome captioned 'Ryley Stoddard all smiles' and another of him low-fiving Parkers. He's in.

Sounds like Towers might be good to go. Not sure who would make way for him on last week' form if my Stoddard theory is right.

Perhaps we could omit Robinson twice? Or will there be another surprise injury?

Interesting too that Longmire identified Florent as the man Newman has to challenge for a place back in the team, and that he's talking Aliir up as a ruck-forward, rather than a back. I think that Marsh has done well in place of Mellican, which puts Aliir further back in line. If Hannebery, Franklin and Mellican get up in the next couple of weeks there are going to be some interesting selection challenges.

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd be very surprised to see Stoddart debut this week. His NEAFL outing last week was OK but there was no "pick me" scream about it.

If they wanted to inject some run and carry into the backline, I'd have thought COR is ahead in the pecking order, though his lack of game last week might count against him for this week.

Where did you find the photos? Often the trick with the alternate strip game is looking at the context of the photo. If it is a wide shot where it looks like they are playing a game then it generally is a good indication. If it is taken when doing small drills then the photo is not a good indicator

Veterans List
    "Forward Dean Towers has been cleared to play after copping a poke in the eye at training last week" according to this article:

Swans wary of Roos - sydneyswans.com.au

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    "Forward Dean Towers has been cleared to play after copping a poke in the eye at training last week" according to this article:

Swans wary of Roos - sydneyswans.com.au
    Interesting that he is being called forward as opposed to utility or relief ruck. Maybe that means there is one change. Towers in for robbo with towers to play forward and Fox will continue as relief ruck.

So that�s my final prediction.

In Towers out Robinson

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Interesting that he is being called forward as opposed to utility or relief ruck. Maybe that means there is one change. Towers in for robbo with towers to play forward and Fox will continue as relief ruck.

So that�s my final prediction.

In Towers out Robinson
    The final paragraph of that article points to him (Towers) providing ruck relief to Sinclair.

Veteran Site Admin
    As expected, Towers in for Robinson is the only change.

The Kangaroos have lost Daw to injury and have left Waite out. Wood comes in to provide as a replacement for Waite, while Higgins is also named to return after his concussion.

It�s intriguing that North chose to �manage� Waite. I thought that he could provide a few headaches for us with our smaller setup.

Warming the Bench
    Happy with Towers for Robinson, as I'm sure everyone is. I hope Rohan has a good week and kicks a few

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    It�s intriguing that North chose to �manage� Waite. I thought that he could provide a few headaches for us with our smaller setup.
    Seems they may be more worried about our speed than we are about their height.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Perhaps they're trying to lull us into a sense of complacency. Going by our performance against the Crows, it may not be a bad idea.
    Though "managed" is an ambiguous term. It probably just means that he's a bit tired and sore, but it could also mean a range of things? Maybe they want to quietly punish him for a transgression that isn't public? Maybe he's been getting on Brad Scott's nerves? Maybe nobody wants to sit next to him on the flight up? I could go on.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast