Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Changes for Round 7 v North Melbourne

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Tom must learn to kick though.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    or like I�ve mentioned he would be an outstanding intercept defender

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I doubt that. Robinson is clearly the most AFL ready of the four, taking into account Aliir's fitness and recent match practice. He'd still come in if they need a tall but otherwise, if anyone actually is expected to miss, I'd expect Robinson to come into the team. Ling missed a chunk of the late pre-season and early season proper, and was mediocre in last week's NEAFL game. McCartin started last week very well but faded as the game went on. I question whether he's physically ready (or close to ready) to play a senior game.

The four named emergencies don't mean a whole amount. They seem to rotate them around the younger and fringe players. But if they don't actually expect to need to call on an emergency (ie if no-one is in doubt), they sometimes give a younger player the chance to prepare and warm-up with the senior team, just for the experience.
    I haven't been impressed with any game Robbo has played this year. Definitely not up to the standard he himself set in the matches he had already played. Not up to AFL standard either. I am hoping we get some players back soon so he doesn't have to be an option if he can't put it together. I do think him putting himself up for trade is effecting his game. When a player is unhappy in his situation, not getting many senior games etc, it can play on his mind and impact his performance.

But he is not the only one who has had ordinary games this year. The captain and his lieutenants have all had bad ones, the difference is they have bounced back. We still don't have full strength impact from every player in every game. That is not unusual the early games and most sides suffer this. We have also been hit pretty hard by injury. Just hoping this is not another 2013 or 2015, full of promise but not enough depth to cover the injured. I think this year is different in that we do have depth. But we do need our list to start getting healthy as the season progresses.

The inclusion of Towers will be good for the ruck contests as he has provided quite a lot of drive from there. his ability to leap and then come to ground running is very important. He also provides a marking target forward as he has proved on several occasions against much taller key backs. I think the balance of the side is quite good even though we are playing small. Our younger players were sensational last week. It's a pity that the coaches left that extra man for so long otherwise I think we would have won by far more. They were not killing us in the clearances they were killing us on the rebound with the extra w huge problem. we need to insure that doesn't happen tonight. No letting extra players anywhere on the ground.

If you�re North who do you tag with Jacobs.

Right now, I�d go Heeney. He�s been consistently our most effective mid and reckon North would be thinking he mightn�t be used to a tag - even allowing for his ability to go forward.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by I�m-uninformed2 View Post
    If you�re North who do you tag with Jacobs.

Right now, I�d go Heeney. He�s been consistently our most effective mid and reckon North would be thinking he mightn�t be used to a tag - even allowing for his ability to go forward.
    Most think he'll be going to JPK from what I've heard/read......

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567