Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 7 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 7 Weekly Discussion Thread

How quickly things have changed for GWS.

A couple of years back their NEAFL side was full of top 20 picks, now their senior side is fielding Carlton & Collingwood delistings! Their former staggering depth has drained away very quickly.

Who was it that said 'you can't have everyone (or was it everything?) to us. Now that applies to GWS as well.

They won�t see which way The Cats go.

Veteran Site Admin
    So Stanley is back into the Geelong side tonight, replacing "sore hip" Smith.

Giants are looking a bit of a hopeless rabble tonight. Premiership window closing?

Veterans List
    Cats bumbling to a win over the depleted and equally bumbling Giants. Not a great spectacle this one tonight. I agreed with BT (for a change!) when he was imploring the over officious umpires to just "throw it up!" at ball up's.......instead they were just stuffing around 'organizing' the players and letting the area become congested as both teams set up their defensive structures around the contest.......and the league worried about congestion?! Have a chat to your effing pathetic umpires, FFS! They're a blight on the game......

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Giants are looking a bit of a hopeless rabble tonight. Premiership window closing?
    Need a new coach.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

I was thinking the exact same thing, deja. It's not as widely open as the past two years although they do have a lot out injured but that also seems to be a recurring problem......getting their strongest team on the park consistently. As 707 mentioned, their depth is thinning......and it's now being exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing, deja. It's not as widely open as the past two years although they do have a lot out injured but that also seems to be a recurring problem......getting their strongest team on the park consistently. As 707 mentioned, their depth is thinning......and it's now being exposed.
    Yes, I suspect that there might be a problem with ego, as well. Quite a few of them are stylish in offense, but not so willing to work defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Need a new coach.
    Possibly, the work rate often appears to be pretty low. Which could be an indictment of the coach. Or it could mean, that there are a lot of arrogant bastards in the team.

Senior Player
    Serious smashing being handed out to GWS. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    That was diabolical wasn't it. I know GWS have a lot of big outs, but hardly a whiff of effort. Kind of game that inspires talk of knee-jerk rule changes from the AFL.

Reckon Hawkins is in a bit of trouble, looked pretty deliberate on replay regardless of force.

Expecting a much better spectacle tomorrow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast