Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 7, Swans vs North, 7:25pm at the SCG #AFLSwansNorth @sydneyswans

Didn�t enjoy being at this forgettable game which was like watching 36 seagulls fighting over one chip chucked in their midst . The game has changed for sure.

It�s umpired to a standstill .

Shorter defenders must wonder how they can compete. The tiggy touchwood to someone�s arms in a marking contest is such a Rubbish rule especially when paid so often for a minor infringement .

North were the better team on this occasion . Hate their bloody song from �96.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Longmire has developed a good game style( with a talented squad ). He has not shown at any stage he is capable of moving the chess pieces on game day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moving Brown down the ground was the real winner for North. Stopped our momentum when it counted, but particularly in the second quarter. Seemed like a decision Scott made in that moment, and it kept paying dividends later.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Here in Ruse Bulgaria and just saw the bad news. Should I watch the game or will it make me too depressed?
    Seriously. It is perfectly scripted to maximise frustration. Spare yourself. Hayward marked well forward - that's the only positive news you could take away.

Warming the Bench
    I have been following the Swans since they were South Melbourne and I am a Premiership Club member for years, I don�t know a lot about the tactics of the game but I would like to know why when we take a mark or just receive the ball why we take so long to pass it off or kick it???????? also with that extra man we seem to always have in defence and how many times we go for the stoppage, are we one of the teams who are to blame with this whole cluster of players around the ball????????
    Sydney Swans/SMFC "PREMIERS 2005"

GO SYDNEY SWANS

I was so frustrated watching that game last night. Our forward structure was terrible all night. We did not put any pressure on their defenders and just let them run the ball out so easily. Then our defence insisted on playing a couple of metres behind all night and that allowed North to dominate marking. Terrible coaching !

What has happened to Heeney's kicking ability. He butchered just about every kick he had last night.

I am really concerned boy where we are headed in 2018. We have a number of very average or below average footballers win our side - Fox, Marsh, Cunningham, Towers and then some of our more experienced players who have lost form - Smith, Papley, Heeney, Parker, Rohan, Rampe, Jack, Mills. Spo that doesn't leave a lot left to try and win games.

The reserves have not won a game and don't look like it. They can't kick straight and lack skill and the will to succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I was so frustrated watching that game last night. Our forward structure was terrible all night. We did not put any pressure on their defenders and just let them run the ball out so easily. Then our defence insisted on playing a couple of metres behind all night and that allowed North to dominate marking. Terrible coaching !

What has happened to Heeney's kicking ability. He butchered just about every kick he had last night.

I am really concerned boy where we are headed in 2018. We have a number of very average or below average footballers in our side - Fox, Marsh, Cunningham, Towers and then some of our more experienced players who have lost form - Smith, Papley, Heeney, Parker, Rohan, Rampe, Jack, Mills. So that doesn't leave a lot of good players left to try and win games.

The reserves have not won a game and don't look like it. They can't kick straight and lack skill and the will to succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I am really concerned boy where we are headed in 2018. We have a number of very average or below average footballers in our side - Fox, Marsh, Cunningham, Towers and then some of our more experienced players who have lost form - Smith, Papley, Heeney, Parker, Rohan, Rampe, Jack, Mills. So that doesn't leave a lot of good players left to try and win games.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Probably one of the worst games I've seen live.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Didn�t enjoy being at this forgettable game which was like watching 36 seagulls fighting over one chip chucked in their midst . The game has changed for sure.

It�s umpired to a standstill .

Shorter defenders must wonder how they can compete. The tiggy touchwood to someone�s arms in a marking contest is such a Rubbish rule especially when paid so often for a minor infringement .

North were the better team on this occasion . Hate their bloody song from �96.
    Yes, making sure that the tall forwards were totally unimpeded, seemed to be this week's version of the AFL's 'rule of the week'. Which I usually find irksome. I mean, is it really necessary, to randomly select which particular rule will pedanticly enforced each week? And one thing I found especially irksome this week, was that the 'tall forwards shall be unimpeded' interpretation, came in a game when we didn't actually have any tall forwards.

Yes It would be fascinating to see Franklin play unimpeded

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    It's not the umpires' fault (although a visit to their sponsors might help).

It's not the coaches' fault (although they may have had better days).

It is the bleeding obvious: we have lost significant players, and it may well get worse before it gets better. Plus some usually good players had a bad night. It happens. And perhaps we underrated the opposition - a mistake we won't make again, at least not with this particular opposition.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Well doesn't Facebook suck again today.

People complaining not only about plan A but also plan B
    Calling for blood, sooking complaining.
    Goal reviews, umpires etc etc etc

I'm heading to Canberra for 4 days, in the morning and I'll be too busy while I'm there to bother with Facebook.
    By the time I'm back hopefully it will be a bit better
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, making sure that the tall forwards were totally unimpeded, seemed to be this week's version of the AFL's 'rule of the week'. Which I usually find irksome. I mean, is it really necessary, to randomly select which particular rule will pedanticly enforced each week? And one thing I found especially irksome this week, was that the 'tall forwards shall be unimpeded' interpretation, came in a game when we didn't actually have any tall forwards.
    Doubly frustrating last night was Brown's play acting, thinking he was playing for Real Madrid in the Champions League or something. At least a couple, if not more of those frees came when he was way under the ball (I.e. never going to mark it) and he certainly appears to then act up and exaggerate any contact looking for a free kick. Not a good look for me at all.

While it was exciting because it was close, it was a terrible quality game of football for mine. Never felt all night like we would find a way to win, and that's how it ended. I just am not convinced by us this season at all. We must surely play Cameron next week to give some sort of tall target up forward (Assuming Buddy is unfit still). We got lucky against Geelong last week, but our forward line was an absolute shambles all game last night.

And what is it with goal kicking at the club at the moment - just awful!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    We have to get AA into the team and also give Maibaum a run as well to see how they can handle things. We need the height in the backline.

Lucky the SCG had the lights on last night or else Grundy wouldn't have known what round he was meant to at.

He is has lost any pace and if the opposition are moving the ball around he just simply loses his opponent.

Grundy wasn't the reason why we lost, but he is now being shown up. I think he has gone one season too many.
    sprite