Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 7, Swans vs North, 7:25pm at the SCG #AFLSwansNorth @sydneyswans

This will be the first game not seen in years but you have convinced me it's best to give it a pass. Packing up and off to Romania today. Mrs L loves Dracula.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This will be the first game not seen in years but you have convinced me it's best to give it a pass. Packing up and off to Romania today. Mrs L loves Dracula.
    Good decision Ludwig......atm our team sucks as much as Dracula anyway.

On the veteran's list
    What game were you at? Thought Grundy was one of our best. Out forward line of Ronke, Hayward, Ollie, Fox, Towers, Papley have played about 50 games between them. That's where the problem is at the moment.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Doubly frustrating last night was Brown's play acting, thinking he was playing for Real Madrid in the Champions League or something. At least a couple, if not more of those frees came when he was way under the ball (I.e. never going to mark it) and he certainly appears to then act up and exaggerate any contact looking for a free kick. Not a good look for me at all.

While it was exciting because it was close, it was a terrible quality game of football for mine. Never felt all night like we would find a way to win, and that's how it ended. I just am not convinced by us this season at all. We must surely play Cameron next week to give some sort of tall target up forward (Assuming Buddy is unfit still). We got lucky against Geelong last week, but our forward line was an absolute shambles all game last night.

And what is it with goal kicking at the club at the moment - just awful!
    I wasn't sure if he was play acting, or just clumsy? Either way, he shouldn't have got all those frees.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I wasn't sure if he was play acting, or just clumsy? Either way, he shouldn't have got all those frees.
    Perhaps clumsiness but I thought on the replays I saw at the ground more than once or twice he looked to exaggerate any contact quite significantly when it became clear he was in no position to mark it.... maybe it was just me perhaps.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Longmire has developed a good game style( with a talented squad ). He has not shown at any stage he is capable of moving the chess pieces on game day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our talent is over rated. Longmire has got the best out of it on many occasions. We are too reliant on Kennedy, Buddy and Parker. Buddy was out and Parker struggled for most of the night. Greasy conditions don't help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I recommend watching it for at least three reasons:

1. Hayward takes this remarkable grab , one millisecond his arms are down, then he jumps and flings his arms up and the ball sticks to his hands like they are magnets.
    2. Macca does one of the best dummies, he goes through all the motion to hand ball , ducks inside to kick the ball to Heeney who unfort misses , but the shimmy was a cracker.
    3. I think best of all Sinclairs timing in the ruck is now spot on , he used to be too early or too late , now he watches the bounce or chuck in really carefully and nails it. He�s a big improver IMHO.

Oh...

4. My Indian veggie rap from the home diner on Oxford was very good too.

Oh and
    5. I actually didn�t see this but apparently Gazza ran on with his new bubba . That was a tearjerker.
    Lots of thoughts for him and Amie and the missing twin.

Cheers
    HP

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Moving Brown down the ground was the real winner for North. Stopped our momentum when it counted, but particularly in the second quarter. Seemed like a decision Scott made in that moment, and it kept paying dividends later.
    When the North player hurt his knee and there was a hold up, we were all over them. Reckon delay helped North regain their composure. We had no luck all night, but we were pretty lucky when we beat Bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Our talent is over rated. Longmire has got the best out of it on many occasions. We are too reliant on Kennedy, Buddy and Parker. Buddy was out and Parker struggled for most of the night. Greasy conditions don't help us.
    Here is a suggestion to the coach, why not have some coaching sessions at night?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Here is a suggestion to the coach, why not have some coaching sessions at night?
    Fair point

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    How can you blame the coach for that rubbish. Why did Jack miss 3 sitters, why did Papley stuff that late one, why did Heeney miss that set shot and why did Rampe miss that one on the run, by a long way, why did Sinclair kick straight to a North player in front, why did McVeigh kick inboard to a North player and why did Mills do most of his kicks as grubbers. That woeful kick to someone in between about 10 North players in our forward line for a turnover goal. Dumb footy is not the coach's fault. Our kicking has been poor all season. We don't keep the pressure up for 4 quarters hence we always keep the opposition in the game. It's not the coach's fault. We have an underbelly of players that are not good enough and it is always left to the defence to save the game. Apart from Kennedy and Heeney our midfield is mediocre at best. We need Buddy back pronto.
    THIS!!!! The players made the mistakes not Horse - the players have no one to blame but themselves. They are not good when it�s a team mates milestone game - ask the players where they went wrong and they will blame themselves, rightly 100% They are grown men and are capable of making decisions. Honestly, it�s only round 7 we are in a damned better position this year than the same time last year. So here�s the challenge to those of you on here who blame Longmire for everything that goes wrong - put your own hands up for the job. If you are all as bloody good as you seem to think you are from the comfort of a keyboard then knock yourselves out. Go to the club and offer your services.

We�d better wait for Liz�s measured tones to calm down a tad .