Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 7, Swans vs North, 7:25pm at the SCG #AFLSwansNorth @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Jack�s kicking has really cost us.
    14 possessions @42.9% efficiency

We are pretty lucky to be so close. I must say though that before the season started I honestly thought Nth Melbourne would be fighting it out for the wooden spoon and penciled this in for an easy win! How wrong was I!!! North has been mightily impressive this year with a list most thought and maybe still think is average at best!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Don't look like winners so far. Inside 50 entries have been clumsy - Ben Brown would have the most marks inside our forward 50. Also, they are kicking it out of defence, and generally finding loose men around the ground, too easily. Wasting chances. Techincal umpiring. Heeney and Parker need to step up.

Swans dominant around the contest that Q but poor kicking for goal and poor kicking into the Fwd50 cost us.

No point kicking it long to Ben Brown. Why not try and hit a leading player?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    It was our field kicking that let us down in that quarter and not taking our chances when we had them. That was a woeful miss by Jack and Hewett does it again; could have had a shot on his right foot, nup, goes back into the play as usual then has a week to shoot on his left, then handballs to a North player. Does that rubbish every week.

- - - Updated - - -

Matt, the umps are miked up, so it was deemed to be a goal after the replay.
    Mate, it was clearly touched, so someone made an error.

Now that we're on top in the clearances, I think we'll slowly grind them down in the second half. Sinclair probably best on ground so far.
    The umpiring has often been mystifying and actually the difference on the scoreboard. I'm not sure why they seem to think that Ben Brown should get free kicks for being clumsy?

Veterans List
    Blind Freddie could see that the Mills kick wasn't an option; turnover for goal. Symptomatic of our night. Dumb decisions all round.

We absolutely lack a player with the skill and class of Higgins and it's really hurting us tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Mate, it was clearly touched, so someone made an error.
    I suspect that it might have been Mathew Nicholls concentrating on how was going to achieve another perfect centre bounce, rather than paying attention to unimportant things; like goal reviews. But that's just guesswork on my part, like a lot of the umpiring tonight.

Veterans List
    I wish McVeigh never said they wanted to turn the SCG into a 'fortress' yada yada. We've been crap at home ever since.

Hayward you genius

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I wish McVeigh never said they wanted to turn the SCG into a 'fortress' yada yada. We've been crap at home ever since.
    Yep...

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast