Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 7 v North Melbourne

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar

Changes for Round 7 v North Melbourne

Brilliant game which needs to be worked on:

Outs:

No bringing back senior players who are unfit or injured, that means you Hanners!

Robbo: love you as a NSW boy, but you really didn't have an impact.

Parker: that shot for goal was like his mind was just not in the game: hopefully he can do a Kennedy and turn it around.

Ins:

Still would like to see AA or some ruck alternative in the team. When Sinkers wasn't rucking we were really blitz by Geelong.

Bringing back senior players who have injures though the seconds; who cares if they have hissie fit, that means you Hannas.

Give O'Riordan a go; we are leaving too many young players in the seconds; and like Murray they will look elsewhere if not giving a go.

Apart from that, North is a danger game; they can play good footy if given the latitude.
    doof-doof

Robinson was probably playing for his AFL career on Saturday. Given he had no impact I fear that he has played his last game at senior level and will be delisted come the end of the season.

Cameron was listed as the best in the NEAFL so I suspect he will come in to add badly needed height. It is ridiculous rucking Fox. Melican could be back from injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Despite the win I think we still need to improve the team as we could get easily have capitulated and lost vs Geelong. We did have some great young guys stand up and Kennedy was unbelievable.

IN: Melican, Towers, Cameron
    OUT: Marsh, Fox, Robinson

For me two guys are pretty stiff there. If fit I think Melican comes in for Marsh. Marsh has done his job well but Melican is better IMO. Melican will need to go with Ben Brown. That would leave Grundy to play on Waite.

Fox would be even more unlucky but seeing as he had the backup ruck duties I think he makes way of Towers is over his eye problem. If not I have no problem with Fox staying in the team.

Robbo on the other hand shouldn�t play seniors anymore. I don�t think he is up to it. After a dominant game in the NEAFL I think we no need to give Darcy Cameron a go in the seniors. We need to see what he is like at senior level and we need to have another tall option. He should play mostly as a forward but would also give us an option as a target for boundary kicks other than just Sinclair. I would still play Sinclair as the main ruck and towers and backup ruck. Just get Cameron to play 80 plus as a forward and see how he goes.

In: Towers, Melican
    Out: Robinson, Marsh (marsh, but fair)

Cameron played really well in Neafl against quality opponent in particular taking some good contested marks. Time for him to come in. Melican and DT back in as well.
    In: Cameron Melican Towers
    Out: Robbo Marsh Fox (unlucky)

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    IN: Melican, AA

OUT: Robinson, Grundy

Robinson looked lost and couldn't get into the game.

Grundy, too slow Hawkins made him look totally geriatric, continually loses his player far too easily. Yes he takes the a few marks but time has caught up with him and we need to make the
    transition sooner rather than later. Give AA time on the ground and allow him to develop.
    sprite

Not one person has suggested Buddy as a possible in!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Not one person has suggested Buddy as a possible in!
    I think that�s because Longmire seemed pretty unconvinced that buddy would be right for next week

Senior Player
    Melican and Towers for Marsh and Robinson.

Agree with the suggestion above that Robinson was playing for his AFL career, and he failed the test unfortunately. It reminded me of Brandon Jack's only senior game in his final year. Final confirmation.

I tend to agree that the changes should be Melican and Towers for Marsh and Robinson.

Marsh has been pretty reliable but Melican deserves to come straight back in. Robinson just can't make that step up to senior level. He probably had a run-with role yesterdays rather than be a possession gatherer but it still didn't seem good enough especially when you see he had a disposal efficiency of 25% from those 8 possessions.

It is good to see that Cameron had a good game in the NEAFL. I'd like to see him do it consistently before replacing someone who won tough yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Melican and Towers for Marsh and Robinson.
    This seems pretty obvious to me, but given how we're going lately, I'm expecting a few more changes, with one or more of Sinclair, Rohan or Grundy out with an injury during training.

Veterans List
    Let's wait and see who is available before tipping players out but sad as it may be, Robbo must be the first dropped, only player who was basically unsighted. All the other players on the fringe really stood up to the Kardinia Park cauldron.

Still excited by Ronke, sort of a Papley clone and that's a good one to have!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast