Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 Swans v Hawthorn MCG Friday May 11 7.50 pm

I hope all the Hawks talls struggle in the wet and our smaller faster forwards run them off their feet.

Oh well I can only dream !

Horse absolutely is Clarko�s bunny although he�s talked a lot after #North-gate about adjusting to teams playing a Hawthorn style uncontested game.

Let�s see if we can. And whether Horse�s faith in McCartin / Robbo is justified.

I�m expecting the worst but hoping for the best. That worked against Geelong.

At least it�s not at the SCG so we should at least turn up!

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I think McCartin has potential but what a day to give him a debut. Are they trying to crucify him. Would have thought Cameron would have been way ahead oif him for this game. last two NEAFL games were very good, older harder and bigger than Tom who had very ordinary stats in the loss to Aspley as well as some woeful kicking when he could have won the game. Selectors have me concerned.
    I think the conditions might've played a part in this selection. I think running ability and ground level work might be more important than a contested mark.

I was also of the opinion that Robinson was done after the Geelong game but I'm happy to give him another go after his stellar NEAFL performance last week. His senior number actually stack up pretty well against the likes of Fox too.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Florent might show some class in the wet tonight. Often the silky players look best in these conditions.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No changes

Starting benches
    Hardwick Shiels Langford Morrison
    McVeigh Towers Ronke Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Robinson to play tight on Mitchell? Is that the thinking?

If that is the thinking then it isn't thinking at all. Robbo should be told to go out there and play his game. to play aggressive, attacking footy. Tackle and chase. This is what he does well not tag. I think it is a waste of time tagging Mitchell, you have to play him not tag him. Parker on Mitchell would be a good match up and they will negate each other. Far bigger loss of drive for them.

There is a rumour on here that Mitchell will not play. I'm trying to get an update on the AFL website now. The app is ok but the website is crap. The loading takes forever. There should be updated teams in 12 minutes.

If we are to win another premiership we need to play attacking positive footy not defensive negative footy. We need to learn how to dispose of the ball effectively. I wonder why players come to the Swans with great disposal and after two years of being here end up not being able to kick or handball effectively. The only thing I can think of is that due to the pressure and our inability to protect the player with the ball their delivery drops off. WE DON'T SHEPHERD!! LONGMIRE THINKS SHEPHERD IS A DIRTY WORD!!!

No late changes so Peter Gordon was in an alternative reality. A good psychiatrist can help that Peter lol

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I hope all the Hawks talls struggle in the wet and our smaller faster forwards run them off their feet.

Oh well I can only dream !
    Looks like rain has stopped so will be interesting to see what conditions will be like. Ground dries out very quickly theses days. Still pretty windy.

Low expectations of our chances. True underdogs tonight . The way we apparently like it. A 4 qtr performance ( a rarity of late for us ) would be nice, regardless of result. Bit puzzled with selection also , naming a tall debutant in the wet? And dropping fox ( who was very good two weeks ago) for Robinson ( who has never done anything of note in the seniors ) , I�m not sure what�s the thinking here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I think McCartin has potential but what a day to give him a debut. Are they trying to crucify him. Would have thought Cameron would have been way ahead oif him for this game. last two NEAFL games were very good, older harder and bigger than Tom who had very ordinary stats in the loss to Aspley as well as some woeful kicking when he could have won the game. Selectors have me concerned.
    I was just about to comment on this. It's miserable here in Melbourne. Key forwards aren't going to do well tonight.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 11th May 2018 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I was just about to comment on this. It's miserable here in Melbourne. Key forwards aren't going to do well tonight.
    Definitely agree its not a night for key forwards, but in some ways it'll take the pressure off him too. All we will ask him to do surely is make a contest of it, try to grab a mark, but most importantly try to bring it to ground for the smalls to work off. Hope he has a decent debut anyway!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

First totally dud umpiring decision of the match. Probably the first of many.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    I like Ronke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast