Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 Swans v Hawthorn MCG Friday May 11 7.50 pm

Round 8 Swans v Hawthorn MCG Friday May 11 7.50 pm

Very ordinary conditions for this outing, Swans haven�t played in the wet too often of late.
    However the kids will have a ball in the
    slush .
    Swans by 5 points.

On the veteran's list
    Can't find any confirmation of this, but in his tips on 774 in Melbourne this morning Peter Gordon said that Tom Mitchell was out for the hawks.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Yay so glad the site is back. I would be lost tonight without it.

It is very cold and windy here. Maybe the wind will help our goal kicking accuracy ????.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Can't find any confirmation of this, but in his tips on 774 in Melbourne this morning Peter Gordon said that Tom Mitchell was out for the hawks.
    Peter Gordon, the Western Bulldogs president?

If Mitchell is out I fancy our chances to dominate enough of the midfield game to go close to winning it.

Good to see McCartin get given a go as well - hope he does well. Was surprised to see Robinson in again, I really just don't see him taking that next step to becoming a regular AFL footy player. But hope he does well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    If Mitchell is out I fancy our chances to dominate enough of the midfield game to go close to winning it.

Good to see McCartin get given a go as well - hope he does well. Was surprised to see Robinson in again, I really just don't see him taking that next step to becoming a regular AFL footy player. But hope he does well.
    Same - I'd have preferred Fox to stay in, I think he has more potential at AFL level

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    He�s probably just found out that Sam is no longer at the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

I was a bit pissed off over the selections and outs actually. I am wondering who takes Tim O'Brien? Rampe will get Gunston & Reg goes to Roughy. But with no Marsh, Melican or Aliir who will take O'Brien? He is 192cm. Mills has a few problems with very high marking forwards and this bloke takes huge grabs.

The other problem I have is Harry still being picked. His form ahas been iffy to just terrible. His disposal has been very ordinary. Papley can count himself lucky this week too. His output for a forward/mid is woeful. He has kicked 5.10 and has an average of 13.5 disposals/game. I get sick of Longmire drafting a small forward and then trying to turn them into mids all the time. Leave them forward and let them have some fun.

Congratulations to McCartin for his debut but if Horse think Tom is going to fix the high marking problem then he's bloody deluded. While the kid can take a grab most of his best work is done on the lead or from opportunistic snaps. Including Cameron in the team would have helped the high marking heaps. Plus this would have given Sinclair a good rest forward where he can be so dangerous.

As for Robbo. I don't know because I'm not a fly on the wall at the footy club. But it seems to be as though the lad thought the coach had lost confidence in him. Hence the asking for a transfer. Maybe he was only looking for regular seniors time. But every time he comes into the seniors he doesn't do the natural things that can make his game so good. Marking, running to the space, sidestepping, taking the first option, hard ball gets. These are all in his repertoire and he seems to be able to apply them in the reserves quite easily. Yet at seniors level he seems hesitant. Longmire keeps picking him so he must rate him but if he disappoints much mor,e I think his days will be numbered and his appearances at senior level in the negative.

I am a bit skeptical about this match. I am not sure we have the right combo to beat them. By the way they will be good in the wet. They handle the ball like it is dry. After all Victoria has had far more rain than us this year. Last year too. They do play in Tassie and that is sleetingly cold and slippery wet. Yet we normally have less days but more volume. The Hawks are a very good side no matter what the skeptics say. They are developing a little quicker than expected and are fast going past us. I'm not looking forward to this game as Horse is Clarko's bunny.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 11th May 2018 at 05:04 PM.

Senior Player
    I just hope the Swans don't get done by a kick or less. It always seems to happen against the Hawks and after last week it will be even more difficult to stomach.

Robinson to play tight on Mitchell? Is that the thinking?

Regular in the Side
    I think McCartin has potential but what a day to give him a debut. Are they trying to crucify him. Would have thought Cameron would have been way ahead oif him for this game. last two NEAFL games were very good, older harder and bigger than Tom who had very ordinary stats in the loss to Aspley as well as some woeful kicking when he could have won the game. Selectors have me concerned.

It's not going to be pretty.
    Hope the swans turn up.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast