Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 8 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 8 Weekly Discussion Thread

Well, Hawks tonight. Good games this week (besides tonight)......Giants v Eagles, Power v Crows, maybe Roos v Tigers......maybe. Other games, pretty average.

Peoples opinions on the NicNat ban?

Personally, I'm glad he got a week. He attacked that Port player like he wanted to bury him into the turf, the same way he nearly decapitated Nick Smith V Swans earlier this season......and got a free kick! No malice.....my arse! I see Malthouse is having conniptions about it but he's in the media now isn't he? I can understand a bit of the outcry but I think the MRP got it right......it was an irresponsible tackle.

Have a great weekend! Go Swans!!

Veterans List
    Correct decision, dangerous tackle with head damaging potential, made no attempt to not bury him.

The problem the VFL have is that they let Burton get away with knocking out Higgins. That looked a wrong call at the time, Burton could have tackled but chose to bump and therefore had to accept the consequences. This will be changed at the end of the year, you bump when you could have tackled, you pay the price regardless of accidental or not.

Driving tackles will be penalised from now on.

Veterans List
    When I first saw it I thought no way should Nic Nat be suspended. But after seeing more replays I can understand why. He slightly lifted him off the ground before he rode him into the ground. I agree the Nick Smith tackle was also dangerous. Although I seem to remember Mumford getting away with similar tackles when he was playing with gws.

I think Heeney needs to be careful with his tackling. I remember last year he was penalised in 2 games for dangerous tackles.

Shouldn't have been suspended for that
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Shouldn't have been suspended for that
    He thinks he can get away with anything 'cause he's NicNat and the footy world loves him.......when you try to bury a player into the turf, you're trying to hurt him. He was and got what he deserved.

Veterans List
    Carlton on the verge of their first win. This season has unraveled for Essendon.....

Eagles beat Giants.....I tipped that. This season is unravelling for the Giants as well.

Potentially boring game on free TV tonight.....Go Lions!

Looks like a Essendon are officially very mediocre this year. Shame.
    Actually, the seem to fade out in games, so I'm not sure if they're really fit. Perhaps they need to adopt more creative methods at training? I wonder what Stephen Dank is doing these days?

Veterans List
    Demons blowing out the percentage up north against Suns, sending us into a clear fifth on the ladder. Crowd at the 'Gabba today......6060. I kid you not.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Port v Crows was a cracker of a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

Potentially boring game on free TV tonight.....Go Lions!
    Apologies......Dockers v Saints. Go Saints!

I hope the Lions win against the doggies. They are putting up a fight in the 1st quarter.

Veterans List
    Just checking the ladder......Giants will most likely be out of the eight by rounds end. With Port's win over Adelaide, Giants are eighth now. If Geelong or North win tomorrow, or if Collingwood really thrash Geelong (unlikely), Giants could be tenth at worst, likely ninth. Ouch!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast