Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 v Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    there's just no room in the team for him [Buddy] at the moment with Ronke and Hayward on fire.
    Has to earn his spot, just like anyone else. Makes no sense to change a winning combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Has to earn his spot, just like anyone else. Makes no sense to change a winning combination.
    Yep, a game or two in the NEAFL, just to get his touch back.
    I wonder what the NEAFL record for most goals in a game is?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    You are kidding.
    He has the occasional highlight, but goes missing in big games. It's well documented. Whether you judge it purely by numbers or by your impression when watching games, he's not great.
    Happy to hear a counter argument.

Senior Player
    No changes for mine.

If hanners is ready to play then he plays NEAFL for match fitness especially having had no preseason. I would be happy for hanners to play a month in the ressies so he is in top shape and bashing down the door for after the bye in preparation for a finals assault

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    He has the occasional highlight, but goes missing in big games. It's well documented. Whether you judge it purely by numbers or by your impression when watching games, he's not great.
    Timing.

[QUOTE=Rohan doesn't contribute for 97% of game time (he is averaging 8 disposals a game and less than 1 goal...)[/QUOTE]

Game has changed
    Guys deep forward have gone from needing 2 goals a game to just provide tackle pressure and make a contest which brings it to ground

Paps has been the forward who was been most out of sorts and i wouldn't drop him yet

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I reckon the story about Buddy's heel still troubling him is a cover up. Got nothing to do with injury...

there's just no room in the team for him at the moment with Ronke and Hayward on fire.
    I thought this right from the start. I remember 2 weeks before his run of outs him grabbing his shoulder. It reminds me of when Plugger was out with a calf injury when he had a broken rib or 2.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    BOG in 2014 Prelim and excellent in 2016 Prelim. Reasonably big games. Wasn't alone in going missing in 2014 and 2016 GF. Singled out as a forward when it was some of our midfield that went missing, including Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    BOG in 2014 Prelim and excellent in 2016 Prelim. Reasonably big games. Wasn't alone in going missing in 2014 and 2016 GF. Singled out as a forward when it was some of our midfield that went missing, including Parker.
    In the prelim he had 0 tackles, 0 scoreboard impact, 23 touches in a 10 goal win. Would love to know how he was BoG over Parker or Buddy or Tippo or Kennedy that night.
    And the 2016 prelim was another comfortable win. You are just painting a downhill skier.

I want to see him succeed. He has an the attributes to be the star Roosy prophesied. But at what point do we accept that he doesn't have substantial impacts on games to warrant sub 10 disposals and not many tackles

I'd say Rohan's finals record is pretty similar to the rest of his career. A couple of good games and some brilliant moments but overall there just hasn't been enough of it.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I'd say Rohan's finals record is pretty similar to the rest of his career. A couple of good games and some brilliant moments but overall there just hasn't been enough of it.
    .....then he does something like saving the game with a blistering run where he takes his eye off the ball to sprint to reach it, regains sight of the ball and takes a very difficult mark under immense pressure and/or perceived pressure then gets it to Ronke in the goalsquare from 50m out, who then ices the game......and then you think, I'm so glad Gary's on our side. I can see why he gets picked every week......and you don't think every opposition defender, make that every opposition player, isn't pooping themselves when Rohan is in their vicinity? He applies pressure and implies perceived pressure, even if he's not getting lots of personal stats......and in clutch moments, he can win games for us. He's not getting dropped.....now or in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    .....then he does something like saving the game with a blistering run where he takes his eye off the ball to sprint to reach it, regains sight of the ball and takes a very difficult mark under immense pressure and/or perceived pressure then gets it to Ronke in the goalsquare from 50m out, who then ices the game......and then you think, I'm so glad Gary's on our side. I can see why he gets picked every week......and you don't think every opposition defender, make that every opposition player, isn't pooping themselves when Rohan is in their vicinity? He applies pressure and implies perceived pressure, even if he's not getting lots of personal stats......and in clutch moments, he can win games for us. He's not getting dropped.....now or in the finals.
    Conversely, his poor showing in the other 98% of the game time would contribute to us being in a clutch position.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast