Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 v Fremantle

Rohan is great to watch when he's on fire. GReat highlights.
    I'm sure he's a workhorse around the ground, but his impact is not great most weeks.
    I also want to see him success, but he's more like Jetta than anyone else, who shined at times, but not regularly enough.
    I say this without knowledge of other jobs he may be regularly given - shutting down a player etc.
    You cannot raise 2 games in the last 4 years to make a case for him regardless.

Personally I still cut him a fair bit of slack, and will for the next few months.
    Hope he gets in the zone before the end of the season and retains his position.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Fremantle would have to be one side I know the least about. Apart from Fyfe, Sandilands, Neale and a few older guys I don�t really know the matchups. From what I saw of Fyfe on the weekend he is matching Dusty for best player at the moment so our mids will have a task. Does anyone have any better insight to their forward/defensive setups?

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Fremantle would have to be one side I know the least about. Apart from Fyfe, Sandilands, Neale and a few older guys I don�t really know the matchups. From what I saw of Fyfe on the weekend he is matching Dusty for best player at the moment so our mids will have a task. Does anyone have any better insight to their forward/defensive setups?
    Whack Cunningham on him
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    In the prelim he had 0 tackles, 0 scoreboard impact, 23 touches in a 10 goal win. Would love to know how he was BoG over Parker or Buddy or Tippo or Kennedy that night.
    And the 2016 prelim was another comfortable win. You are just painting a downhill skier.

I want to see him succeed. He has an the attributes to be the star Roosy prophesied. But at what point do we accept that he doesn't have substantial impacts on games to warrant sub 10 disposals and not many tackles
    Played half back in 2014 prelim. Hard to have scoreboard impact.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    No changes for mine.

If hanners is ready to play then he plays NEAFL for match fitness especially having had no preseason. I would be happy for hanners to play a month in the ressies so he is in top shape and bashing down the door for after the bye in preparation for a finals assault
    Also agree with this. No changes. Besides there are a couple in the reserves who would be close to a recall at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Whack Cunningham on him
    You might be right but I wouldn�t be surprised if they didn�t tag Fyfe and let Heeney play on him head to head. Fyfe is a terrific mark and I think Heeney could match him in the air while making him work defensively as well. I actually think Neale may be the one we tag. Although I have seen very little of Freo, what I have seen is Sandilands often tapping to Neale who then feeds to Fyfe. Stop the supply I say.

Veterans List
    Conversely, his poor showing in the other 98% of the game time would contribute to us being in a clutch position.
    Maybe, but 98% ??..... on that percentage and going by his average possessions per game, he should be getting around 400 possessions per game for us not to be in a clutch position then? Bit extreme....but while we're on percentages, it's his 'one percenters' that don't show up in his stats and the 'perceived pressure' as well as actual that he creates, leading to turnovers and mistakes, thereby decreasing the oppositions efficiency that make up for any shortfall in actual possessions. I think the club judge him 'holistically' rather than on stats alone. I agree though that a really good finals showing is due......

Regular in the Side
    In Sam Reid. I am talking 2019 here or maybe even 2020. He is still shown as a very elastic 6-8 weeks so starting to think he is a write off for 2018. Agree Hanners should come back via the NEAFL as he had virtually no pre-season, was very ordinary for him when he did play and has now missed another big chunk of games.

Warming the Bench
    I've stopped worrying about how many stats Rohan has
    We win more games with him in
    He always manages to impact the game when it's on the line.
    His last quarter as a whole last week was summed him up. Not many possessions but big impact
    Just have to get used to the fact he will never be 20 + disposals player

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    I've stopped worrying about how many stats Rohan has
    We win more games with him in
    He always manages to impact the game when it's on the line.
    His last quarter as a whole last week was summed him up. Not many possessions but big impact
    Just have to get used to the fact he will never be 20 + disposals player
    Actually we don't. Since 2013, we've won 68% of games. In games Rohan played, we win 65%, so actually have a lower winning percentage.

Sorry to feel like I'm harping on. But generally, the only argument for him is that "he does some good things every now and then, late in games".
    I'd argue his impact over a sustained period of time, minimal output in important games where we don't win comfortably would put serious question marks on his reliability.

Actually we don't. Since 2013, we've won 68% of games. In games Rohan played, we win 65%, so actually have a lower winning percentage.

Sorry to feel like I'm harping on. But generally, the only argument for him is that "he does some good things every now and then, late in games".
    I'd argue his impact over a sustained period of time, minimal output in important games where we don't win comfortably would put serious question marks on his reliability.
    Truly extraordinary after the impact he had in the Geelong and Hawthorn games. He doesn't just do "some good things". He does amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Truly extraordinary after the impact he had in the Geelong and Hawthorn games. He doesn't just do "some good things". He does amazing things.
    The Geelong game? He had 11 touches and was ranked 15th for Swans pressure acts.. And he was unsighted against the Hawks until the late mark. Do you get that a game of footy is more than just a highlight reel?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast