Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 v Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Actually we don't. Since 2013, we've won 68% of games. In games Rohan played, we win 65%, so actually have a lower winning percentage.

Sorry to feel like I'm harping on. But generally, the only argument for him is that "he does some good things every now and then, late in games".
    I'd argue his impact over a sustained period of time, minimal output in important games where we don't win comfortably would put serious question marks on his reliability.
    Pretty miniscule differential.
    What about the applause meter when the players pics come up on the scoreboard prior to the game at the SCG.
    GAZZA�s goes well from the Swans faithful. I like that stat.

I was thinking that with the improvement of Dean Towers and the good couple of games Dan Robinson has put together (okay one good game) we were running out of whipping boys. Good thing we've got Gary R.

It does feel like we are in between whipping boys at the minute.

Who will raise their hand... half heartedly.?

and to be clear: there is no question in my mind that G Rohan is best 22.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    and to be clear: there is no question in my mind that G Rohan is best 22.
    +1

And Sinkers is now best 10 (or so) which is a long way from his whipping boy days

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And Sinkers is now best 10 (or so) which is a long way from his whipping boy days
    He has been immense. Full credit to him and his dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think Longmire fills this breach most weeks. Some people look forward to us losing just so they can stick the boot in. Rohan and McVeigh are close behind.

All three do not deserve whipping boy status.

What I personally hate more is the blocking the man on the mark.
    That doesn't matter because a Victorian team does that.

The Geelong game? He had 11 touches and was ranked 15th for Swans pressure acts.. And he was unsighted against the Hawks until the late mark. Do you get that a game of footy is more than just a highlight reel?
    Yeah.

Senior Player

Who will raise their hand... half heartedly.?

Unfortunately most of the players going missing in our losses have been our big guns (Kennedy, Parker, Hanners etc.), our fringe players have generally been pretty good this year.

The Geelong game? He had 11 touches and was ranked 15th for Swans pressure acts.. And he was unsighted against the Hawks until the late mark. Do you get that a game of footy is more than just a highlight reel?
    I suggest you go back and watch the last quarter of both those games again. Particularly against the Hawks he was fantastic all through the last quarter and a key contributor to us getting over the line.

I agree he was very quiet during the first three quarters against the hawks and very poor in middle two against Geelong (IIRC - he was ok in the first qtr too in that game). No-one is "on" for all four quarters, but if he could be more consistent then I think he could be a great player.

I would argue he's playing better than Papley at the moment.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast